Part 1

It was a late night. We were on my bike riding at the full speed rushing towards home. I felt the warmth of her hands around my chest as she clung to me closely. I cast a glance at her through the rear-view mirror. Her silky smooth hairs were blowing with the winds. It looked so perfect. As I increased the speed of the bike, she gripped me tightly from behind and rested her chin on my shoulder. It felt so romantic until rainfall started all of a sudden. I took my bike to the nearest bus stop and we found a shelter. The sky was full of lightning and thunders with heavy rain… Although we had found that shelter so quick but we could not evade rain. We were almost drenched and shivering out of the cold. She shivered more and I couldn’t resist removing my jacket and giving it to her. She wore it and it gave her comfort to some extent. The whole road was empty. There was no one under the city bus stop except us. Suddenly, a flash of lightning flashed in the sky followed by a thunderous sound. It scared her a lot. She screamed my name and hugged me tightly. I rubbed her back and tried to console her…

She kept hugging me for the next few minutes. Our eyes were closed. I grabbed her in my arms. She whispered in my ears, “Keep protecting me like this forever, dear.” I then held her hands in mine and looked into the depth of her eyes and said, “I always will.” She smiled and tried to step back. But I grabbed her waist and got her closer to me again. “Sid…!” She said. I mildly whispered “Ssshhhh!” and gently placed my hand on her lips and pulled her more close to me. Soon, our faces were close to each other. Her breath went on increasing and so mine. I could sense the warmth of her breath… We were lost in that moment. A pure romantic moment. Our faces slightly tilted at opposite angles, with closed eyes and warm breaths. Our lips were about to touch each other’s but a bloody phone call ruined all that beautiful moment. It went on ringing but I couldn’t find where I had kept my mobile. Everything got faded before my eyes as they got opened and all I could see was a fan rotating on the top of the roof… The phone kept ringing until I found it on the table beside my bed. Shivam was calling...

I picked up the call and screamed, "Shhhivammm...!! You bloody moron!!! Why did you call me so early in the morning? I was about to kiss my girl and you spoiled that lovely moment with your call."
"What the f**k? Whom were you kissing? 'Mr. Single since birth' and that too so early in the morning?"

"Not in the morning, it was a night with heavy rainfall and thunderstorms."

"Are you gone mad or what?"

"It was a beautiful dream and you spoiled, stupid guy."

"Just shut up Sid! I have called you because we have a project submission in college at 8:30 am and it's already 8 am on the clock. Get up from bed quickly, I am coming to your home in the next 10 minutes. Hurry up, moron!" He hung up the phone. I jumped out of the bed and took a quick shower and got myself ready quickly. My mind was still involved partially in the dream I saw. It refused to accept that it was just a dream not a reality. I had so lost in a romantic moment with my non-existing girlfriend that I struggled to get over it. Being single is quite difficult. You can enjoy the lovey-dovey moments in your dreams only. Sharp 10 minutes later, Shivam rang the bell of my house. I took my bike outside the gate and we rushed to the college hurriedly...