00.

Z E R O.
the bounty hunter.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

HE WASN'T ROUGH, but he handled her like one might handle a misbehaving child. Gloved hand pressed firmly against the top of her back, burning, burning, burning; blaster muzzle digging into the soft flesh of her side. He wasn't rough, but he was firm. He was living death, a whisper of wind, doom cloaked in the tattered garb of salvation.

Perhaps it was simply Kash Amarra's mind that projected an image of liberty upon this man, out of sheer desperation. Perhaps it was her mind that silently begged, screaming prayers into thin air, for her freedom. For her release. But her words were being torn to shreds with every step she took towards the holding cage, and like a dying light drowning in an ocean of darkness, Kash was slowly losing hope.

"What do you want from me, you piece of shit?" she snapped, jerking against him roughly. "I delivered my cargo! Jabba knew—I told him myself—"

A sharp blow from the blaster. Kash nearly doubled over as the weapon jammed into her kidney, angled perfectly so as to cause as much agony as possible, but not injure her. Nebulae of scarlet scattered across her skin, her bones, her sinews. Backwashed by crystals of something emerald and snarling, mosaics of colour splashed into view. Kash forced herself to breathe through the pain, but she was choking back a moan of pure devastation. It made her hate him even more. If that's kriffing possible, her head hissed as her topaz eyes screwed shut, teeth gritted. With far too much effort, she took another step towards the steel cage.

The ship around her was silent. It sat on its back like a god coming to rest, maws open wide—as wide as the barred cage door that Kash was inching towards. She worried her bottom lip between her teeth, dark eyes flicking towards the spiked boot of her captor. And then she was smashing her own foot down atop his, projecting all her strength into the blow, and for a millisecond, his hold faltered.

Kash lurched.

She landed on her hands and knees on the ship's hold, palms scraping raw against durasteel plating. She bit down the wince trying to pry itself from her lips and shot to her feet, bolting for the ramp that served as the road to her freedom, her salvation, her life

A hand fastened itself around the slender cord of her ankle, yanking with astounding strength. Within moments, Kash was being gripped by the shoulders, the hunter's fingers gouging her flesh, and now he was being rough. Now he was pissed. And yet, as Kash stared helplessly into that ebon visor, hiding eyes of smoke and lightning, she could see nothing but emotionless isolation.

The armoured figure hemming her in brought his battered helm close—close enough that they could be sharing air, and gave her an almighty shove. Kash tumbled, limbs splayed as she landed on her front inside the barred prison. Her chin hit the floor, teeth tearing the skin of her plush lower lip, and she snarled animalistically, the familiar symphony of iron and ruby blazing on her tongue as her lip began to bleed.

"I said, I delivered my cargo," she tried again, voice low and deadly. Her glare was like fire's heat upon her brow as she held his eyes through the obsidian T-shaped visor. "I told Jabba over long-range comms, and now I get to go back to the palace and collect my pay. Understand, asshole?"

Nothing. He just watched her, the slightest tilt to his helmet, before locking the cage door, turning on his booted heel, and striding calmly away. Behind him, Kash's mahogany eyes grew wider. "Hey!" she yelled, fingers wrapped around the cool metal bars of the cage. "Hey! Listen to me—I did nothing wrong! Just ask Jabba!" Her heartbeat was loud in her ears as the ship's engines hummed to life, and beneath her, the floor was vibrating slightly with the dangerous purr of the vessel. Kash nearly screamed. "Just ask him, you mother—"

The roar of the ship as it lifted from the mossy ground drowned out the cacophony of colourful swears spilling from between Kash's lips, and she finally leaned against the bulkhead behind her, defeated.

I did nothing wrong.

A/n: aaaand the first chapter(ish) of Steel is up! Hope you guys enjoyed it—this is the foundation of Kash and Boba's backstory/past encounters, so get ready for more chaos in the following chapters 👌🏽

Uhhhh also...TBOBF trailer has me weak in the knees Boba marry me plz

━━━