4: Mr. McDreamy :4

I'm starting to regret my decisions. When I was at home the thought of going to a magical school where everyone already knows more than you seem way less nerve-wracking when you're sitting safe and sound in your room.

I think I'm about to burst with anxiety, and the moving train does nothing to steady my flow of nervousness. Closing my eyes helps no more, and when I open them I start to panic.

Not knowing a single thing about the wizarding world is one thing, but what if no one at this new school likes me? That is a whole different problem on its own.

The train bounces and the door to the compartment bounce open and I sigh in frustration, I had just gotten comfy and now I have to get up. Groaning, I got up off of my butt and peeked my head out into the aisle out of curiosity. There was an old lady with a trolley full of candy rolling down the train knocking on compartment doors and saying something that I couldn't hear.

Maybe I am just a bit hungry. I think as I step into the aisle and make my way toward the trolley. Someone was already talking to the lady and I took that as my opportunity to scan the treats displayed. The candy looked weird, but after all, I am in England, not to mention on a train that is headed to a magical school.

The chocolate frogs look appetizing. Which is what I would say if the boxes didn't look like they were moving. A licorice wand doesn't seem that bad. Yes, I think that's what I'll get.

I take a gold coin out of my pocket, still not very used to the money here. The conversation seems to be coming to an end as I look up to see who the voice belongs to, and Oh My God. That is the most attractive boy I have ever seen in my life.

If all boys look that I'm sure this whole thing won't be as bad. Dangit. I was hoping everyone here would be weird, so I could go back home. Looks like luck isn't on my side this week. Maybe that's why I fell down the stairs this morning.

The boy in front of me gives me a small smile before walking back to his compartment.

"What can I get you from the trolley dear?" The trolley lady has a sweet voice and I completely forget what I want to order for a second.

"Uh, I'll have the licorice wand, please," I mumble. She hands me the wand and I thank her with a smile. I start to head back to my compartment and bump into someone in the aisle knocking their books to the floor.

"Oh, I'm so sorry! My goodness, I'm clumsy today," I bend down to pick up the books and quickly return them to their owner. "I'm so sorry."

"That's alright, but you best change into your robes, we're almost there," the bushy-haired girl says as she walks away.

Robes. She's right, I should change into my robes. But where are the bathrooms?

Walking back to my compartment I decide I'll knock on someone's door and ask. I reach into my bag and retrieve my long robes, folding them over my arm, I can't help but wonder why wizards have such a strange taste in fashion. Then, I walk into the aisle and take a couple of steps so I do not ask for the compartment beside mine. I mean obviously, that would be awkward.

I raise my hand and knock 2 times on the tinted glass door.

"Come in!" Someone's voice says from inside. I slide open the door and state my case.

"Sorry, to disturb you but do you happen to know where the bathrooms on this train are? I swear this car never ends!" ok, that was a total lie, I haven't even been outside of my compartment at all but I have to be at least a little bit social. Also-

Oh shit. I look up to see that Captain Charming was the witness to my rambling. He gives me a dazzling smile and I swear, I could just fall to the floor right here and now.

"Ah, yes. Just walk as far back as you possibly can and, if you don't pass out on the way there, the bathrooms will eventually be in sight," He states with a laugh.

"Thank you so much! Sorry to bother you, have a nice day," I exclaimed rather exasperated, honestly out of everyone on the train why did it have to be his compartment?

——

I awoke to the feeling of someone lightly shaking me, and as I peeled my eyes open I was met with striking green ones. I bolted upright confused as to where I was, and when I finally got my bearings some sense also returned to me.

"How can I help you?" I queried, still unsure as to why this stranger was in my compartment and why he had woken me.

"Sorry, but the train has arrived and you are the last passenger aboard, I was told to fetch you before you were sent back to the station," Mr. Mc dreamy replied. It's funny how this is the third time that I have run into him yet I still didn't know his name. Well, that doesn't matter because I probably won't be seeing him again anyways.

"Well, that would probably not be good, would it? Thank you for the warning, I'll see you around," I gave him a slight smile and he exited the compartment. Following him would be embarrassing but, seeing as I had no idea where to go it was my best option. We headed out of the train while I remained quite a bit of distance behind. With my head down, I made my way through the station only to be stopped by a certain old-looking wizard. "How can I help you?" I inquired for the second time.

"Well, hello there Isla, may I escort you to Hogwarts?" Dumbledore answered. I nodded my head thankful for the help and followed him to a small carriage that was waiting by the station. He opened the door for me while I stepped in and sat myself down on the cushions. I had never been in a horse-driven carriage before and I leaned forward to see the horses only to be met with air. There seemed to be nothing assisting the carriage as it continued its journey to the castle.

"I see you have noticed the horses, or the lack thereof," Dumbledore observed. Yeah, no shit bud.