{ Chapter 1 }

< Chapter one: Pretty Nurse Girl >
[ Song ]
< Ms (slowed) - alt-J >
___________________

"I'll be home in an hour, promise. Okay, bye Ross. Love you too."

Finally, I thought to myself as I hung up the phone.

I was on my way to the book store in hopes to find some textbooks that would be more useful while studying for my end of year exams.
It was now the last day of our very late spring break and exams would finally start the last week of may, which was coming up in a week.
School would then, finally, be over.
Two weeks to go.

I'd just gotten off of work, it was around 10 pm on a Sunday.
I got an internship at the "University Of Washington Medical Center" back in October.

Not all of our medical students were able to get an internship, so I guess I was just lucky.
Once I graduate I'll most likely keep working there until I start to apply elsewhere, but that's not for a while, though my dream is to move to Boston.

I'd just arrived at the book store, which was, on an estimate, a 30-minute walk from my work.

I was still in my dark purple scrubs and white shoes, I had on my grey University jacket and my hair was thrown into a messy bun, my makeup was smeared under my eyes from days of work, my glasses leaving an indent on my nose from how long i've had them on, thank god my contacts are at home. And I still had my white tote bag with all my books, and stethoscope.
I was just overly exhausted, all I wanted to do was sleep.

The store was practically empty, as it closes in an hour, But the owner was very nice and usually let me stay late.

"Hi Mrs. Kay, how are you?"
I smiled, as I walked up to the front desk to meet the owner. I've known her for a few years now.

"Oh! Hello Esme, I'm good, I'm good! How have you been? Schools alright?" She asked, giving me her full attention.

"Yes," I smiled, "Schools great. I'm just looking for some textbooks."

"Oh, well take your time, dear." She gave me a warm-hearted smile before returning to counting the money in the register.
I nodded and left.

I walked towards the back of the store and began scanning the shelves full of books.
I didn't normally buy my textbooks here, I order them online, so I wasn't sure where to look.

I kept my eyes glued to the shelves as I walked from isle to isle.
Suddenly I hit something and tripped on the ground hard, I fell and dropped my bag.

Can I be any fucking clumsier?

"Are you alright?"
I looked up to be met with a very handsome man.
He had brown hair and dark brown eyes.
And he was very tall.

"Y-yes, I'm so sorry." I stuttered as I grabbed my bag and stood back up.

I hate it when I stutter. It made me sound weak. I've had a speech impediment ever since i was a kid.
It's even worse when I'm nervous.

"You should pay more attention."

"I know, I'm really sorry, sir." I replied, brushing 'dust' off of my clothes.