Chapter 716- 720

Chapter 716 - I'm Satisfied With My Life

"Little girls are the best! Obedient, considerate, and quiet!" He Wanning gave Ning Yuchan's chubby bottom a little squeeze as she continued to complain, "Listen, my older brother's second son is just so naughty! He's just learnt to walk and hasn't had a quiet moment since! His elderly grandmothers cannot keep up with him at all. I'm really afraid that Marquis Dingyuan will produce a demon king!"

"What about you? It's been more than two years since you got married. Xiaocao got married more than a year after you did and is already five months pregnant. Yet, there's no good news from you at all. Does your mother-in-law nag you about it? Is Lu Hao getting anxious?" Yuan Xueyan asked in concern for her sister.

He Wanning touched her stomach, and the smile on her face faded. "What else can they do? They can only blame me for not being able to get pregnant, as usual." It was not that they weren't anxious about it, but...

"By the way, Xiaocao, aren't you quite skilled with treating infertility? You were the one who treated my brother, and now my two nephews and little niece are running amok all day in our house. Could you take a look and tell me if there's anything wrong with me?" He Wanning looked at Xiaocao hopefully.

Yu Xiaocao took her pulse. She remarked that while there was some coldness in her womb due to an imbalanced diet, there wasn't anything severe enough to cause infertility. If there wasn't anything wrong with Lu Hao, then perhaps it was just that they were not fated to have children at the moment.

Upon hearing Xiaocao's words, the weight on He Wanning's heart lifted. She had been married for two years and still had not been able to conceive. Although her mother-in-law didn't say much about it, she sometimes seemed at the verge of wanting to speak out. People have also started to gossip that the He Family had fertility issues, and that she might have similar ailments as her brother.

He Wanning was not one who would endure the slander of others silently. She used to have quite a temper when she was younger and would beat up anyone who dared to talk behind her back. But this matter was one that persistently troubled her. She had feared that there was an issue with her that resulted in their infertility.

With Xiaocao's reassurance, a smile returned to her face, "When my husband returns, take a look at him as well. If there's an issue, we will treat it, and if there's nothing wrong, we would also be more at ease. Xiaocao, prescribe me some medicinal remedies that will help to balance the coldness of my womb. I remember you saying that if one's womb is cold, even if they got pregnant, it will not be good for the baby."

"That's right! The womb is where the fetus grows and develops. What will happen to you If you live in a cold and dark environment for a long time? It will be uncomfortable for sure, and you might even fall sick. The same is true for the fetus, if they grow in a cold environment, it is might curb their development and even lead to miscarriage. Moreover, the babies born from cold wombs not only have weak immune systems, but are also prone to attention deficit disorders, and are not easy to bring up." The latter part of her statement were things that Xiaocao heard in her previous life, and she wasn't sure if there was any actual basis for those claims.

Xiaocao prescribed some medicinal herbs for He Wanning and told her to prepare and drink it according to the method that she wrote. Soon, the coldness in her womb was alleviated. Not long after spring in the following year, the good news of a pregnancy came out. Xiaocao didn't dare to take credit for it this time. The couple had no major issues that would affect fertility to begin with. It was probably just a matter of time before they would conceive.

She did teach He Wanning how to calculate her ovulation period—increased intimacy between the couple during that period naturally increased the chances of pregnancy. Apart from that, He Wanning's pregnancy really had nothing to do with her. But that wasn't what the people thought. They believed that Princess Consort Xu had excellent medical skills, especially with regards to the treatment of infertility. Didn't Lady Fang, who was already over forty at the time, manage to conceive? Weren't the He siblings also able to have good results after her diagnosis and treatment?