i. vision

WITH THE EXISTENCE OF Blackwatch now public knowledge, the entire Overwatch team suddenly had their hands full. Controversies rose left and right; Commander Morrison spent most of his time locked in his office speaking to countless angry people over the phone. The Commander was much grumpier than usual, though no one could blame him. He had to constantly deal with angry protestors and news reporters accusing Overwatch of kidnapping.

Kailani had lost count of how many times she was sent out in front of cameras, dozens of reporters shoving their microphones in her face and asking her far too many questions for her liking. She had been forced to show her Overwatch credentials time and time again, telling the world that she was not Santiago's wife. Every time that she stepped in front of the cameras, she feared that someone out there somewhere would recognize her as Nighthawk.

Her entire persona as a Talon assassin was based on the fact that she was unrecognizable. No one knew what she looked like, therefore she was unable to be caught. Still, she worried that somehow she would be recognized. She knew that Overwatch had enough problems to deal with at the moment, she didn't want another controversy thrown onto their shoulders.

To say the least, Kailani was stressed. She was exhausted, and the horrors and nightmares that haunted her since she was rescued from Talon were still looming in the back of her mind. She was barely able to sleep without dreaming of the things they did to her, barely able to walk around freely without fearing that the Infiltrator was waiting around a corner.

She had met with the therapist Lucia countless more times, though eventually both she and Dr. Zeigler realized that Kailani was reluctant to accept help. To save everyone's time, they eventually dismissed her from the tedious therapy sessions. Kailani was more than thankful for this. She much rather preferred pushing away her fears and anxieties, burying them beneath a pile of distractions so that she no longer had to worry about them. It wasn't the most healthy way of dealing with emotions, she was well aware of that, but it was what she had been taught to do since she was young.

Because of the countless controversies floating around, Commander Morrison suspended all Blackwatch activity until further notice. He had told the team that he didn't want to stir up any more trouble until everything else died down. Reyes, being extremely hard-headed and unafraid to challenge his Commander's authority, didn't take this very well. Despite Morrison's strict orders to stay on base, Reyes and McCree flew off to Italy earlier that morning. They said something about meeting with a fellow Blackwatch agent stationed at the Rome Facility; although it wasn't official Blackwatch activity, Morrison was still less than happy when he found out that they disobeyed him.

He even mentioned replacing Reyes as Commander of Blackwatch with Kailani. She had laughed at the time, though the graveness in Morrison's voice made her wonder just how much of it was truthful. He seemed more than angry that his direct orders were ignored by two of the highest ranked Blackwatch agents.

After spending nearly the entire morning searching for something to occupy her time, Kailani eventually decided on heading to the Blackwatch training room to pass some time practicing her skills. The sounds of her footsteps echoed off of the empty hallways, reverberating against her skull almost painfully. It was odd- with the entirety of Blackwatch being suspended to the base (besides Reyes and McCree, apparently) Kailani expected the hallways of the Blackwatch division to be bustling with activity. She figured that most of the agents were spending their time catching up on much needed sleep.

Kailani, on the other hand, having spent the past week on bed rest, was restless. The last thing she wanted to do was lay in bed for one more day.

As she neared the training room, she began to hear signs of life coming from within the set of double doors. Someone else had the same idea as her. She opened one door, peeking inside. Her heart lifted ever so slightly as she saw Genji. His back was to her, the bare skin of his organic shoulder glistening with sweat as he threw a trio of shurikens towards an already tattered up training dummy. He wore a pair of black sweatpants, the infamous Blackwatch logo plastered on the leg. The top of his helmet was discarded on the ground nearby, allowing his dark hair to flow freely.