CHAPTER 2

◀️ CHAPTER 2 ▶️
Encounter

"If you can't ignore— pretend."

🎬 🎬 🎬

         SHADE had finally arrived at the exit of the building. She was able to survive and triumphed over her declining body.

She thought all will be fine once she stepped out of the structure, but no. How wrong was she.

'Crap.'

As though an invisible entity had just taken hold of her breath, Shade found herself instantly overwhelmed and troubled. 

It was as if she was culture-shocked. Like she had just witnessed her family's massacre. She becomes frantic, panicking for no logical reason.

She did not expect to see that many people at this time of the day. She was not expecting this much population of homo sapiens scattered and lurking along the roads and every corner of the city. 

This was not what she envisioned.

Shade quickly shifted her footing without any specific location in mind. Her goal is to get away both from the situation and the place first or things will be catastrophic.

Her heart was pounding hard against her chest. As though the muscular organ had just become a lunatic, threatening to break free from its confinement. Each beat banged in full blast against her eardrums, nearly rendering her deaf.

Her hands were visibly trembling as she wiped its sudation over her clothing. She kept clenching and unclenching her fists to release the tension, yet all it did was nothing.

Shade's ordeal escalated further as her breathing became uneven. It was as if the more she moved forward, the less oxygen she inhaled. 

Her mind was at sixes and sevens. A mess and muddled. She was losing control of herself.

She knows she'll be doomed any moment now. The more reason why finding a place to mellow out is a must.

'A luck in the midst of misfortune.' 

This was what Shade needed the most which eventually showcased itself. It was as if a magical entity had just heard her cry and immediately summoned an empty alley to manifest from nowhere. Just in time before her defenses crumbled to debris.

Was heaven on her side today?  The damsel has not a second to entertain such claptrap as she drags herself towards the secluded space. Her body slammed hard on the rough and rigid wall.

The filthy and uneven cement damaged her jacket's fabric as she dropped down to her feet. The pain from the impact didn't even register to her senses.

She was gasping for air and was now on all fours. She was weak and felt utterly piteous as she removed her mask for better ventilation. 'What was the 3-3-3 rule again? Fuck!' 

She was trying to recall the article she read once about 'What To Do During a Panic Attack?' She knew that will come useful in the future. However, just when she needed the information the most, her brain was failing her.