Chapter 1

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏: 𝐈𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 〚 𝔻𝕒𝕞𝕒𝕚𝕟 〛

"Come in," the masculine voice echoed throughout the room.

Alpha Damain's Beta entered the room. With a quick bow, he walked over to his Alpha's desk.

"So, Beta Richard, what brings you here," he asked in his husky voice.

Richard Grayson nervously looked around the Alpha's office, knowing that the outcome and the reaction of the news he was going to present undoubtedly will not be positive.

"Well?"

"Alpha, the council held a meeting regarding your mate situation."

"And what did they say," Damian impatiently asked.

"They said that they will be hosting a ball to find your mate. They will be inviting all the Alphas, Betas, Gammas along with their pack and families to the ball. The invitations are in the process of being made regarding the ball," before Damian could even open his mouth to object, Grayson quickly continued, "Even our pack's elders have considered this. The pack as well as the council and the elders feel they need a Luna who can take care of the pack while you are away."

Damian did nothing but laugh. He laughed so hard that Richard was starting to get nervous.

"You think that hosting a ball will find my mate," he asked, trying to control his laughter, "I have searched for her in every single pack in America. And you think that me attending the ball will find my mate," Damian asked leaning back on his chair, clearly enjoying teasing his Beta.

Richard stayed quiet and put. He was afraid that if said one single word, he would be off to the dungeons with Damian torturing and beating him up.

Damian had given up searching for his mate a year ago. He genuinely believed that his mate had died or even worse he didn't have a mate.

Damien put on his cold, neutral face again as if what just happened was nothing but his imagination.

"Well if the council thinks this is the best option, then let them host the ball. Let them send the invitations. I'd like to see how they find my mate. You can go now, Beta."

Richard quickly bowed and walked outside the Alpha's study.

He called all the Omegas of the pack and ordered them to make the invitations and mail them to the respective packs.

"LET THE PREPARATIONS BEGIN!"

𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐒 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌, 𝐀𝐓 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

Damian was in his room after dinner and was thinking about what happened today.

How could they hold a meeting without me, he thought, referring to the council and the elders.

𝓕𝓵𝓪𝓼𝓱𝓫𝓪𝓬𝓴

"Mother! Father! Look what I drew," the little 10-year-old kid exclaimed.

"What did you draw, my love," his mother, Selena asked.

"I drew a bird!"

"Do you know what is the bird called?"

"No. What is it, Mother?"

"This bird is known as the Robin," the Mother explained.