⊱┊Personality Disorders ✧˚

I have posted a few things about personality disorders on my Instagram story's (my Instagram: qqueengabrielle) if you wish to look more into that. However I am yet to dive into Anti-social Personality Disorder, Narcissistic Personality Disorder, and Borderline Personality Disorder.

(hopefully my research is correct!)

These three disorders all fall under the same classification of mental disorders in two ways.

Firstly, and most obviously, they are all personality disorders as you can see. Secondly, they all fall under the "Cluster B" classification of Personality disorders.

There are three "clusters" of personality disorders.

Cluster A:  the "odd, bizarre, eccentric" disorders. This includes:

Paranoid Personality DisorderSchizoid Personality DisorderSchizotypal Personality Disorder

Cluster B: The "dramatic, erratic, emotional" disorders. This includes:

Anti-Social Personality DisorderNarcissistic Personality DisorderBorderline Personality DisorderHistrionic Personality Disorder

Cluster C: The "anxious, fearful" disorders. This includes:

Avoidant Personality DisorderDependent Personality DisorderObsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder

There is certain diagnostic criteria that must be met before being diagnosed with a personality disorder. The person cannot simply be strange or erratic. The behaviors must deviate from social/cultural norms and also be unchangeable. The behaviors must be affecting the person's life, personal relationships, work, etc. The behaviors must be present consistently over time with an onset in adolescence or early adulthood.

If these criteria are met, then the person will most likely be diagnosed with one of the 10 personality disorders listed above, and which disorder they are diagnosed with depends of course on other symptoms they display. 

Sources ✨

https://www.psychologytoday.com/au/blog/hide-and-seek/201205/the-10-personality-disorders 

https://www.verywellmind.com/personality-disorders-a2-425427

there some books on good reads about personality disorders if you wish to learn more about them.