f o u r t e e n ✧

FOREVER
'Darling, nobody said that it would last forever
That doesn't mean we didn't try to get there'

aurora

"Sorry we're late" Stiles said as he stopped the car and I walked up "Hey" he said and I just kissed him as he poked his head out the window.

We pulled away "I'm sorry too" Liam poked his head out of the backseat and I glared at him playfully.

• • •

—hospital—

"Still can't reach Kira" Scott said "Okay, you reminded her about tonight though, right?" Stiles asked "I think so. She only texted me once this week" Scott replied.

"Once? How'd you guys leave things when she left for New York?" Stiles raised his eyebrows "Well, they were good. Yeah, I just said, you know, "Don't worry about anything, "just go and have fun."" Scott spoke.

"No. You told her to go have fun?" Stiles asked "Why? What's wrong with that?" Scott exclaimed.

"Nothing. Nothing's wrong with it. Just, I don't know. That can be interpreted a lot of different ways" Stiles stated "Like what? Well, like, "Don't worry, we're not exclusive. Go have fun with other guys."" Stiles explained.

"No. No way" Scott said.

"Aurora, if you were going away and I told you "Don't worry, go have fun." What would you think I was talking about?" Stiles asked.

"Fun like bowling? Or sex with other guys?" Aurora asked "Okay, yeah. Now I'm worried" Scott spoke.

• • •

—school—

"Nothing from Scott or Kira" Stiles said "And nothing from Lydia either" I say.

"And I still don't know if I passed. I don't want to do this unless I'm actually a senior" I say "Yeah. Huh" Stiles mumbled "What's wrong with you?" I asked.

"Yeah, uh, anxiety. Should be a familiar scent for you by now, since it's pretty much a constant state for me" Stiles said.

"Why's this thing so important to you?" I asked

"It's not. It's not. It's uh... I don't know" he paused "Maybe it is. I asked my dad the other day about his high school friends. Guess how many he still talks to?" He sighed.

"None. Not a single one. You know, these were his best friends and he just says he lost touch with them, you know. So I started thinking about things, like I always do-" "Obsessively" I interrupted.

"Yeah. And so I'm thinking, what if... What if Scott's my best friend now you know, but he's not my best friend for life?"

"Well, doesn't that just happen sometimes?" I say "Yeah, but only because we let it happen. You know, that's what I'm saying. How come when we graduate we're just expected to go our separate ways?"

"If I've already found the best people in my life, why aren't I not trying to stay with them, you know?" "Well, I thought that was the plan. The dream. The vision" I say.

"And don't mock the vision" Stiles spoke "I... I like the vision" I say "Especially if I'm part of it" I added.