NEW WORLD

Five spheres of color appeared at the RDE in Danny's company. The scientists looking on were astonished before one ran off.

John, Kate, each holding a baby now stood on the platform, along with Quin, Ryka, and a William Candy. Ryka was armed with a plasma rifle slung over her shoulder. William Candy had an eye patch over his left eye and a long-sleeve shirt with a glove to cover the endoskeleton on his right hand.

Kate was the first to notice the scientist at the controls. She tugged at John's arm, getting his attention to motion at the scientist.

Ryka spotted the scientist and began to ready her rifle. Quin stopped her just short of aiming.

"Who are you?" John asked.

"I'm Greg," he said, visibly becoming eager. "I work here. My co-worker went to go get Mr. Dyson. He'll be here shortly. Just...hold a second."

"It's ok," Quin assured Ryka. "We're here. It's fine"

John took hold of Kate's hand.

Less than a minute later, Danny came running through the doors. "John," he called. "You're back!"

John smiled in relief. Something about seeing Danny made him feel at ease like he was finally home.

Danny hurried up the platform, approaching John and Kate. "I took care of everything, " he said. "Kate,...when did you go?"

John quickly put his hand up to indicate to Danny to back off that line of questioning. "Never mind that," he said. "She's here and we got our babies."

"Babies," Danny wondered out loud. "You weren't gone that long."

John gave Danny a stern look, again telling him to back off.

Danny instantly got the message and turned to Quin. "Quin, welcome back," he said, then looking at Ryka and the Terminator. He quickly took note of Ryka's weapon. "Who are your friends?"

Quin wrapped an arm around Ryka. "Danny, meet my wife Ryka.," he said. "Ryka, this is Danny. He owns this building." He then grabbed the Terminator's hand and Danny's to have them greet each other. "Danny, I want you to meet Bob. Bob, I hope you're happy. Bob is a Terminator. It's the reason Ryka brought a gun, makes her feel safe. She wouldn't be here otherwise."

Danny stepped forward, staring in disbelief at Bob. "Are you serious," he asked. "This guy is a machine?"

Quin moved closer to Bob to flip his eye parch slightly.

Danny stepped even closer and looked on in amazement. "You've gotta be kidding me," he said. "Can I talk to it?"

"Sure," Quin shrugged. "It's a walking, talking computer."

Danny stood in front of the Terminator and smiled. "Hello," he said almost slowly. "Welcome...to our...planet."

Bob stared on curiously.

John chuckled. "He's a little more advanced than that," he said. "You can talk to Bob like a normal person."

Danny suddenly felt stupid himself, worried he insulted Bob.

John, while taking hold of Kate's hand, motioned for Danny to follow as he began to walk down the ramp. "You got the keys?" he asked.

"Yeah," Danny answered.

Quin followed with Ryka by his side and the Terminator close behind them.

Ryka stopped and used her gun to motion for Bob to move ahead. "I want to see you," she said. "Don't get behind me. Stay where I can keep an eye on you."