28. Hello-ween

It was Friday and it felt like the best Friday ever at Lowlands High! Today was one of the biggest parties of the year! The Halloween party!

The school day finished earlier so that we could head home to get ready for a spooky and sparkly night out, which is what the school posters read.

After my Geography class had ended, I walked straight to my locker. When I arrived at the locker area, everyone was gossiping about the party.

Groups of guys hovering around their lockers pulling out their Halloween outfits. Ghost outfits, devil horns and scary face masks. Excited boys were running around imitating ghost sounds.

A pair of girls were standing in the corridor shaking a pot and asking for charity donations. Everyone was excited and talking about the Halloween party. Teachers were telling students not to stand in crowds in the corridors.

I bumped into Lucy. 'Hello-ween Olivia,' said Lucy giggling! 'I'm so excited about tonight,' I said. 'I'll be coming over to yours later with Grace and Priyanka so get your scary gear on,' said Lucy.

I headed home to do exactly what Lucy had mentioned. It was time to get my outfit on and look the scariest I had ever looked!

When I arrived home, I went straight upstairs to my bedroom and got all my makeup, jewellery and cat ears out of my cupboards and drawers. I then took my dazzling cat woman outfit out of the wardrobe. I slipped straight into the cat suit and it fit perfectly.

I walked in front my bedroom mirror and posed feeling so excited. I imagined myself walking through the school hall looking dazzling and Ethan swooning at my feet.

While I was posing in front of the mirror, Sophia had also come home and changed into her witch's outfit. She came into my room to get a pair of shoes and I still felt there was an awkward friction between us.

'Olivia, I'm just letting you know that Samuel will be coming over to pick me up. Do you want a lift with us? Let me know if you do,' she said.

I was not expecting Sophia to offer me a lift to the party but it was definitely kind of her. 'Thanks, Soph but Grace, Priyanka and Lucy will be meeting me here and we will be taking a cab to the party together,' I said.

'Ok not a problem. I just thought I'd ask anyway. Your outfit looks great. I'll you see you later,' Sophia said.

A few minutes later, Grace, Priyanka and Lucy arrived at the house. They came straight up to my bedroom. We all began gossiping about our outfits.

'Hello-ween guys,' said Grace.

'Right am I missing a vital joke? Why are you and Lucy calling it Hello-Ween?'

'Olivia, haven't you seen the posters? It's a sponsored event and every time we greet someone with 'Hello-ween' we are meant to donate money to charity... haha,' said Priyanka.

'Oh, I had no idea? I've just been so excited about the party. Well, 'Hello-ween' to everyone,' I said.

Sophia came back into my bedroom and looked at all of us. 'Wow you guys look really cool,' she said. 'Olivia, I think you're rocking those cat ears,' she said.

I felt like Sophia was being kinder towards me. Socializing was definitely having a positive effect on all of us and I was really excited about tonight's party.

'Do you guys think we should call a cab and head to the party?' asked Grace. 'Definitely,' said Lucy. So that's exactly what we did. We left together in a cab under the blue moonlight sky. I was so excited and couldn't wait to get to school!

When we arrived, the school grounds were dark. Boys were running around making ghost sounds. At the back of the building was a large marquee with an outdoor barbecue.