Chapter 3

*Little risky business in this chapter. You don't wanna read, you don't have to. I put ***'s in the beginning and the end for those who don't. It won't be regular, I promise. Necessary for the story though! Enjoy!(: ****

Samantha Briggs.

                We went way back.

                Samantha had been in three of my classes in sophomore year before she moved away. My parents had never gotten the chance to meet her, so they couldn’t judge her. I was grateful for that because I liked Samantha. 

                She was gorgeous. Blonde hair that flowed halfway down her back, cut in perfect layers. Every now and then she would dye a strand an abstract color, but she always pulled it off. She had the most amazing bright blue eyes. They were so easy to get lost in.

                And she had the perfect body. Not too skinny, definitely enough curves.

                While Sam had moved away, she didn’t go far. She would ditch school every now and then to visit me during the day.

                For whatever reason, she liked me. Sam had once told me that she didn’t hook up with other girls out of respect for me. While I was still a little upset that she hooked up with guys, I brushed it off. She never lost contact with me.

                Sam was the farthest I’d ever gone. I’d never kissed a boy, much preferring her lips instead. Kissing was the farthest she let it go. She knew how innocent I was and wanted to wait until we could both settle down into a real relationship before she did anything serious.

                The memory of my first kiss stayed in my mind for the rest of the day. I avoided my parents when I got home, feeling uncomfortable talking to them when I had kept this huge secret.

                I didn’t know what I would do if Sam and I ever got into a relationship.

                I didn’t know if I would tell them or not.

                I didn’t know how they’d react either, being my biggest fear of all.

                Sunday passed quickly. The memory of my first kiss stayed in my mind for the rest of the day. I avoided my parents when I got home, feeling uncomfortable talking to them when I had kept this huge secret.

                I didn’t know what I would do if Sam and I ever got into a relationship.

                I didn’t know if I would tell them or not.

                I didn’t know how they’d react either, being my biggest fear of all.

                Sunday passed quickly as I kept myself isolated in my room. With Monday came school, and with school came another day of struggling to understand concepts that were well out of my league.

                I ended up sleeping through my alarm clock Monday morning.

                That morning, I walked into school in loose gray sweatpants with a yellow t-shirt that dipped to a v-neck. Thankfully, my hair was curly enough to go natural for one day and not let me look like a homeless person.

                Elizabeth made a face at my appearance in first period. “You wake up a little late?”

                “How’d you know?” I asked sarcastically, falling into my seat.