Chapter 4

Before they knew it they were back in school. Haley was holding Neville's hand on their way to Defense Against the Dark Arts.

As usual she sat next to him and listened to Professor Anderson.

After classes the four of them were in the common room fixing each other's homework as usual.

It was Saturday and Haley and Neville were on a date during Hogsmead weekend.

"It feels good to be away from the Dursley's." Haley said.

"I bet! Those muggles were awful!" Neville said.

"Well, now I can live in my kind of world. And actually get my homework done during the day and not at night." she said smiling.

Neville smiled back and nodded.

Every date they were on they got closer and closer.

A month had gone by and Haley was looking for Neville with her map. When she found him she found him in the Room of Requirements with Hannah.

"What could they be doing there? I understand one of our friends, but Hannah?" she said.

So she headed to the Room of Requirements.

When she got there she looked for Neville and Hannah. When she found them her heart broke. They were kissing each other.

"Neville!" she yelled.

They jumped and looked at Haley.

"Haley! It's not what it looks like! I swear!" Neville said.

She shook her head with her eyes watering. Then she started to run.

"Haley!" Neville yelled.

But she was gone. Neville looked at Hannah.

"Thanks a lot Hannah! You just made me break her heart! And you know it's really hard to get her to trust someone again!" he yelled.

Then he started to run to try and find her.

While he ran to find Haley Hannah realized he was right. It was really hard to get Haley to trust someone. Nobody but Neville knows why though. Ron and Hermione had lost some trust last year but were still given a second chance and the Golden Quartet were back together. They knew a little bit but not all of it. They all know Neville knows the most because they both lost their parents. The only difference is Haley's an orphan while Neville's parents are insane.

When he found her he walked over to her and knelt down. She was crying. Neville had gotten her to let everything out and Haley had gotten him to get braver over the years.

"Haley I swear I didn't mean to. She had put a love potion on my cup. When it started to wear off is when I heard you say my name." he said.

"Why should I trust you? For all I know you could only love me and be my best friend for the fame!"

Then she got up and ran to the common room. Neville sat there in shock.

When she got to the common room everyone was there and confused.

"Haley what's wrong? I thought you were looking for Neville." Hermione said.

Her eyes started to water more but she fought them.

"He, he cheated on me with Hannah! I thought he loved me! He's no longer a member of the Golden Quartet now!" she said and ran to the girls dormitory.

When she was gone everyone looked at the door upset. Then the portrait opened and everyone looked at who it was.

When they saw Neville they all glared at him.

He was panting.

"Where, where's Haley?" he asked.

"In the girls dormitory trying not to cry because you cheated on her!" Ginny said.

"I didn't do it on purpose! Hannah put me on a love potion and when Haley came I was starting to come back!" he said.

Everyone looked at him again. He sighed and took out his wand.

"I, Neville Frank Longbottom swear on my magic that what I said is true. So mote it be."

Then his wand went bright and they looked at him.

"Lumos."

Then his wand went off.

"See? I didn't cheat on her. I love her for who she is and she's my best friend. Not her fame." he said.

"You realize she doesn't forgive, believe or trust anyone that easily. Right?" Seamus said.

"I know. But she won't listen to me!" he said. "She thinks I love her and one of her best friends because of the fame she has! Probably because Ron left her last year."

That got Ron to feel ashamed of himself after hearing that.

Haley was sitting on her bed ripping every picture with her and Neville in half and taking every picture of her friends so Neville is gone. She set the pictures with Neville that were off on fire. Except the pictures from Hagrid.

She knew Neville had the same pictures in his dorm. And she, Neville, Ron and Hermione had the pictures of them all together to.

"I can't believe he did that to me." she whispered.

She took off the necklace he gave her for Christmas and wrapped it on a piece of paper. Then she transformed it into a bird and had it go to Neville.

When she was done she laid there and started crying. While she cried quietly she started to fall asleep.

Before she fell asleep she thought of something.

'I'm going to go back to what I used to be before I started Hogwarts. Fighting the tears I feel. Just keep it all in me.'

While they were sitting in the common room listening to Neville they saw something coming to him.

"What's that?" Ron asked.

When it got on Neville's hand he recognized the figure anywhere.

"It's Haley's paper. I don't know what it is though." he said.

So he opened the paper and froze.

"What is it Neville?" Hermione asked.

Then he picked it up and saw the necklace he gave her for Christmas. He shut his eyes tightly and held onto the necklace.

"What is it Neville?" George asked.

"The locket I gave her for Christmas." he said.

They all gasped and covered their mouth. Haley loved that necklace. The only way to get her to do something like that is when she doesn't trust you anymore.

He shook his head with it in his hand.

"What have I done?" he said quietly.

So he headed to the boys dormitory and put the locket in his nightstand drawer. Then he got ready for bed.