Headbutts Are Always The Solution

"You sure you're going to do fine with Nick all day?" Paul asked George with a look of concern. George snorted and playfully elbowed Paul in the gut.

"'Course I can! I'm not a youngster you need to worry about all the time, Paul," George assured him with a quick smile as they walked down the street to the Cavern Club where Paul was going to play some music with the Quarrymen in only a couple more minutes. And of course Paul here was nearly going to get himself late because he apparently needed to get something that he didn't have before and wasted valuable minutes by looking for it. And a very slow pace at that, George thought dryly at the time.

"I don't worry about you all the time Georgie, only when you tend to act a bit off."

"So all the time?"

Paul laughed and walked a bit faster as they got a bit closer to the door, fixing his hair every so often.

"Honestly, if you keep playing round with your hair people are going to think you have a wig!" George hollered happily as he opened the door to get into the club. And when people looked over to see what the noise was about, he quite obviously pointed at Paul, who was trying to hide behind his guitar case with very little success.

He didn't let this go unnoticed though, shoving George straight to the person they were trying to get to in the first place while hooting and hollering instead of just walking up and making George comfortable in talking to someone else. Funny thing, Nick acted as if he didn't notice the noise at all and continued to watch the Quarrymen set up, which reminded Paul to hurry it up a bit and get on stage as soon as possible.

"Hey, Nick! Got cotton in your ears do you now?" Paul asked with a very bright smirk after lightly turning the man of subject round in his chair to see George, who seemed to be trying to hide behind his friend and his guitar case. The elder of the two easily noticed when he couldn't find the younger and brought him back to view.

"Now why'd I go off 'n' do somethin' bell ended like that?" Nick jested and George noticed greatly that he was a proper Scouser with his thick accent, possibly stronger than his own and Paul's.

"Eh, it seems like something you'd go off and do," Paul replied and stuck his thumb in George's direction. "This is George, the lad I was talking to you about."

He pushed George in front of him and started to make his way to the stage, dreading the talk he'd get from John on how 'Perfect Paul was the late one this time'. He really did want to stay a bit longer with the two and if he did, the talk would get longer. So obviously this was the lesser of the two evils hosted by Lennon.

"Well I'll leave you two to talking, alright then?" The guitarist didn't wait for an answer and promptly walked to the stage, leaving them to talk. Although what they really did was sit in an uncomfortable silence until the band started to play one of the many songs they would sing, Bye Bye Love:

Bye bye love

Bye bye happiness

Hello loneliness

I think I'm-a gonna cry

Nick snorted, taking on a sort of grimace on his face as the music continued to go and looked away from the band for a moment to roll his eyes, showing George his total non-amusement.

"Paul's gone off 'n' called this jarg heap of a band class, does 'e now?" Nick asked no one in particular, making George a bit stiff with this kind of topic. He honestly thought John, Paul and the rest were doing pretty good, even doing the Everly Brothers some real competition on who was better if he really thought about it.