how many seconds should a hug last?

To anyone who needs a hug,

You know I love hugs. Everyone knows. It's like this thing about me that's always present; I love to hug everyone, and I always do, even the  ones that say they don't want to be hugged. At first they might push me off, but soon enough I find them eager to hug me back even if they don't realize it.

But here's the thing, I love hugs. But I love hugs, not hugs.

I love it when people are happy and think about me enough to come and hug me.

I love hugs from the back to say hello.

I love tired hugs when someone rests their head on your shoulder because they need a break.

I love hugs that last forever because none of us want to be the one to let go first.

I love hugs around legs when someone is to tired to even get up, or hugs around your waist when someone lays their head on yout legs.

But I never get these type of hugs.

I get the type of hugs you ask for.

I get the hugs you get when you ask your parents for one.

I get the type of hugs when you feel so alone you try to cling onto someone just to feel protected and they don't realize it.

I get the type of hugs someone gives you when you're crying.

I get the type of hugs when you meet someone after some time, the polite ones.

I get the type of hugs when you're hurt and someone's trying to comfort you, or themselves.

I really love hugs,  I do, but this type of hug breaks my heart. They remind me that I have not been hugged in years. I have been hugged, but not hugged. Nobody cares about me enough to want to hug me and not let go. A proper hug. The ones that I love. Instead, I get hugs (give would be a more appropriate word), and they only last a few seconds.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

If you are out there, I love you. You deserve a hug.

To answer the question: hugs should last forever. They should remain sticking to your skin like a soft blanket when it's cold.

Make sure to get a hug.