Cold hands

December was Alex's favourite time of the year. Well that was if he could be wrapped up warm and inside his own home. The only thing he didn't like was the cold, he hated how your hands turned bright red and ached when you were outside and how it was almost impossible to keep them warm.

When it started snowing Alex sat by the window and watched it fall and blanket London. He went to sleep that night knowing when he woke up his roommate would likely drag him out to walk in it. But when he woke up it was still dark and he felt like he was actually outside in the snow, the flat was freezing. He thought maybe George had turned off the heating accidentally not realising how cold it actually was because the older man was always warm.

Alex pulled on his hoodie and shuffled into the hallway to find the heating buttons. He looked to see that it was all switched on, meaning the heating was probably broken... in the middle of a snow storm. He sniffled and shuddered before shuffling into Georges bedroom to alert him of the situation.

"George mate wake up!" Alex mumbled as he shook the mans shoulder.
"What's the matter Al?" George mumbled into his pillow.
"Can't you feel it mate... the heatings broken and it's freezing because of the snow" Alex shuddered. George lifted his head to look at the shadowy figure stood shaking by his bedside.
"Oh fucking hell mate are you that cold?" George asked.
"Y-yep" Alex replied his teeth beginning to shatter.

George sighed and pulled back his duvet cover and patted the bed next to him.
"Come in here then" George hummed.
"N-no it's fine I'll go back to my room... see you in t-the morning" Alex said his voice wavering slightly as he shivered.
"Alex get in the bloody bed so I can sleep the rest of the night knowing you're not freezing to death" George smiled.

"Okay lemme get my duvet for extra warmth" Alex smiled as he shuffled back into his own room. George couldn't help but smile when Alex came back into the room dragging a giant duvet behind him.
"Think we might be warm enough under all this" George grinned as Alex threw the second duvet into the bed and got in next to George.

"Better now?" George chuckled.
"Y-yeah" Alex whispered, the shudders that plagued his body giving away his lie.
"Christ mate you're gonna get sick if you don't warm up" George sighed as he reached out a hand to rub Alex's arm.
"I'm like a human icicle... feel my hands" Alex muttered as he touched George face. The older man flinched and shuddered himself.

"Christ Al..." Georges whispered.
"Told you it was cold" Alex giggled.
"Come here before you freeze to death" George smiled as he opened up his arms. Alex was unsure wether snuggling with your mate was normal or not but he really couldn't reject George like that. Plus George was special him, always kind and caring, always making sure Alex had remembered to do things like take his meds and eat food.

Alex shuffled closer to George allowing the older man to wrap him in a giant warm hug. George rubbed Alex's back getting to warm up the shivering boy as much as possible before they went back to sleep.
"T-thanks Georgie" Alex whispered as he tucked his face into the warm crook of the older mans neck.
"It's okay Al we wouldn't want the famous internet sensation imallexx to freeze to death... or worse...." George gasped joking my for effect.

"What's worse than me literally dying?" Alex laughed.
"You getting sick... because you're a giant baby when you're sick and I'm the one who has to look after you" George said jokingly. Alex couldn't see the smile on Georges face and his heart dropped thinking that George was upset with him.
"I'm sorry" Alex said sadly.

"Hey hey don't be upset I was only joking... I don't mind looking after you... I love you... yeah?" George comforted, rubbing Alex hair gently.
"Love you too" Alex whispered through a yawn.
"Get some sleep yeah... I'll keep you warm" George muttered.
"You're my favourite hot water bottle" Alex smiled as he fell asleep.
"And you're my favourite person" George whispered in response.

~Authors note~
Lord help me I'm sick of the rain
Its been raining for weeks ahhhh