58

you can't start what never ended

"DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHERE WE'RE GOING?"

"No,"

"Wait, seriously?' Iris stopped them, and Athena looked up at her, frowning at her disbelief.

"Of course I don't know where we're going, Zeus dropped us in the middle of a city that's at least three times bigger than Mystic Falls with absolutely no clue as to where Stefan is. I'm the goddess of wisdom, not Google Maps."

Hermes rolled his eyes, slightly glaring at Athena. "So not only did we just rob a mall for new clothes, but we're also wandering aimlessly around Chicago with absolutely no clue where your stupid friends are?"

"Okay," Athena held up a finger, scoffing defensively. "First of all, the stealing thing doesn't matter because the employees at the store were paid maybe half a cent compared to what the CEOs of those stores make in a month. If anything, we were sticking it to capitalism–"

"Athena,"

"Second of all!" She pointedly held up a second finger, glaring at him before quickly faltering. "No, the second part you're right about. I have no idea where Stefan or Damon are."

He throws his arms up, a noise of frustration leaving him. "Well, what the hell, Athena?! We can't just run around all day!"

"Okay, okay!" She held her hands up, brows furrowed on her forehead. "Look, if I can find some way to charge my phone, I can find Damon,"

"How are you going to do that?"

Athena glanced at Future, sighing. "A while back, I got kidnapped by a vampire and afterward, Damon made me get this stupid GPS tracker in my phone just in case something happened again. He can see where I am, and vice versa. If I can charge my phone, I'll just find out where he is and it'll be fine."

Hermes sighed, his jaw clenching before he forced the irritation out of him. "Okay. Where are we gonna find a place to charge your phone?"

Athena looked around at the bustling streets of Chicago, her face scrunching into a frown. "There has to be like a coffee shop or something that I could find a charger in,"

"What, more stealing?"

Athena made an irritated noise as she started down the sidewalk, eyes scanning every building on the strip closely. "If I have to, yes," Glancing over her shoulder at the three immortal beings, she sighed. "Look, I don't need a lesson in ethics and morals from people who don't understand how my world works. You might be used to how it is with Zeus in power, but that's not what it's like here."

Athena shakes her head, almost violently pressing a crosswalk button as they await traffic to slow down. Her eyes drifted up to the building across the street and she curiously bit the inside of her cheek as she read the large sign that said Gloria's. It looked so familiar, but it was distant, like a memory she couldn't quite reach or some odd shade of deja vu.