Prologue

"He is an eye candy."

Dimmed lights and slow music.

Boys in tuxedos and girls in gowns or dresses.

Elegant chairs and tables littering everywhere.

A dance floor at the middle.

"Y/N?" Someone called and I hastily turned around meeting eyes with the person.

"Goodness! Is that really you? You don't look like yourself! I almost mistook you as a stranger." Rebecca, a senior of mine stated, scanning my chosen attire.

I was wearing a ruby red cocktail dress with a long tail at the back. It's a simple look as its neckline wasn't low, adorned with golden beads, sleeveless and reaches just an inch lower to my mid-thigh. My waist was wrapped in a golden belt and my back wasn't exposed. I wore my favorite wedges to go with it. Also, my make-up was done by a professional.

A tight-lipped smile was the only thing I could deliver as the senior quickly turned away to join her other friends. We weren't that close but she knows me because of one reason.

A title I hate but can't live without.

"Y/N! What are you doing standing there? It's almost time for the performance!" Stephanie, one of my bestfriends, scolded.

Sighing, I proceeded to go to the line of people who's going to perform with me. The guys held the hands of the girls firmly in a gentle way and the girls hold the fabric of the dress they're wearing with their free hand.

I stood in my place quitely, my fingers fidgetting anxiously. My head was turning from right to left continuously, searching for something.

More like someone.

"Where is your partner?" A high-pitched female voice asked me from behind and I stopped from turning my head here and there.

Looking up, I saw Hazel, a senior and one of my brother's friends, Louis. Hazel was the one to ask the question.

"I don't know." I answered honestly and she grimaces.

"He better show up. You look like you did your best to look like that. You are dressed to impress and it's his loss if he doesn't get the chance to take you to the dancefloor."

I looked down, a shy smile forming on my chapped lips and I turned around facing the front again.

Please, don't leave me hanging here.

I saw more people getting in line, as well as some of my friends. They looked at me with symphaty and I couldn't help but smile sadly at them.

"Fix your postures. We're starting in a bit." One of the instructors reminded and I bit my lip, contemplating if I should escape from here and go home.

The people infront of me started to decrease as they walk their way to the dancefloor. It was only two pairs left and I am next to walk my way, alone, to the dancefloor.

Should I run away? I would just make a fool out of myself if I dance there without a partner.

Sighing, I straightened my posture and was about to walk to the stage alone when a hand suddenly enveloped my own.