Prologue

"Hey! Are you alright?"

Blaze was shook awake. He opened his eyes to see a blond male. He was wearing a ribbon with a star, a moon amulet, and a blue cloak.

"H..Huh?" Was he human? He lifted his.. Arms.. And looked at his hands, wiggling his fingers around.

"Thank goodness you're alright. I just.. Saw you laying there. I tried a few spells.. But nothing would have woken you up!" The male said in relief.

It was really the first time Blaze was speaking. But he spoke fluently and fine. "I'm okay now." He said. "Good to know! I'm Xavier." "Blaze." He replied.

Xavier held out his arm to help him up. Taking it reluctantly, Blaze thought. "Where am I..?" He mumbled out loud.

"Oh, this is Mad City." Xavier answered. "Where?" "..A city? In the United States?" Blaze blinked. "Oh, yeah, I knew that." He coughed.

"Well, do you have a place to stay? It's getting a bit late.." Xavier said, glancing over the horizon. The sky was tinted a beautiful orange and pink.

"Yes." He lied, right before facepalming.

"Okay then, I'll see you around, Blaze!" Xavier waved, just before disappearing in a flash of blue. Blaze gawked at what just happened. Did Xavier teleport? Disappear? Go invisible? Fade into the stars?

'I tried a few spells..' Xavier had said.

Oh, he was a magician!
No.. A sorcerer.

What were those things? Blaze had new vocabulary he didn't even remember learning about. Was it part of his human form?

Blaze sighed, wondering where he would stay. He looked at a few buildings and saw a place with no doors. Made out of stone, it was alright to stay in for a night or more.

He got a strange feeling. His eyelids felt heavy, and he started to yawn once in a while. Was this feeling.. Being tired?

He settled in the building and sank down to the floor, laying down. It felt relaxing, finally. Slightly relaxing anyway, the cold floor didn't benefit.

Blaze thought about his home at the volcano before he drifted off into the dreamland.