Lover of Chaos

Contrary to his vigilante persona, Izuku wasn't all chaotic and cheeky like he made himself to be. Okay that was lie, but Izuku's chaos was more organised and planned out than the spontaneous games his vigilante persona played.

Izuku wasn't all chaos and cheek. His love for chaos was more buried whenever he was in his civilian persona. He rarely showed a need for it and projected a more calming aura whenever he was around others.

He was the last person that would be suspected, besides Kacchan (he always seems to figure him out), for a prank done on somebody. The pranks were usually harmless though so no one had any need to worry.

But Izuku wasn't all fun and games. He was serious and collected whenever he was faced with real danger. He was always serious underneath the fun and happy mask he put on.

He had to be.

Some would say it's because he's a vigilante and he had to watch his movements to prevent capture. While they are correct, it isn't the entire truth.

In the real world, it wasn't all rainbow and unicorns as much as people liked it to be. In truth, it was a dark and cold place that lived by the rule of 'Survival of the fittest'. Those who failed to adapt would not last one day. And those who did, lived like apex predators. That was the world he grew up in.

One small misstep and everything you carefully build up would crumble and fall. And along with it, you would too.

Izuku was ashamed to say he believed that everything was alright. That was before he got his quirk. He was initially extremely happy and like many others, hopeful to be a great hero.

That changed when he saw the hidden truth.

His quirk was simple despite being a rare mutation that differed from his parents.

The melody manipulated someone's emotions despite what they wanted to think otherwise. Singing manipulated their actions and essentially forced them to be his puppet as long as they listened to him.

Instruments amplified the effect and how good you are at singing originally affects the outcome.

With this little tidbit of information, Izuku trained. He trained and trained. His body improved and it let him become a rat that roamed at night. His singing abilities increased drastically and it opened up more uses for his quirk.

Of course, alongside the quirk, its side effects increased significantly.

What started out as a simple emotion sensing aspect changed into something more authentic. More identifiable. And Izuku was not prepared for it.

He would get overwhelmed whenever the noise and tears got deafening and cried himself to sleep every night. Izuku soon came to the realisation that those were real human emotions that others were feeling and all his doubts and naivety burned away.

And from those ashes, determination filled its place.

That was the start of Midnight Musician, a vigilante who never engaged in battle but a vigilante all the same.

Izuku may have debuted when he was 12 but the plans were already set in motion when he was 8.

He researched and scoured the internet for information. He learned to hack and became a parasite that fed on data. Izuku found dark secrets and learned the identity of everyone who even set a foot on the internet. He dug deeper and implanted himself into a web of knowledge not even the greatest cryptic in the world knew.

No secrets were hidden from him and every skeleton that ever existed was pushed out of the closet they resided in. Izuku learned until his eyes burned and his head pounded. He learnt until he reached the end and there was simply no information left.