fifty-five

ahhhhh!! it's here the end of the story! it's been a long journey and i can't thank each and every one of you for sticking around for it!😁

also I will not be putting a series of trigger warnings since it'll spoil the ending of the book but if you're not sure if you want to read without the warnings, please feel free to message me so i can give them to you. i just don't want to spoil it for those who only glance over the trigger warnings

ALSO I WROTE THIS ON THE ROAD WITHOUT RUNNING IT THROUGH MY GRAMMAR CHECKER SO ILL PROBABLY BE EDITING THIS ENTIRE BOOK WHEN I GET HOME✨

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

word count: 4463

JJ: "Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy." F. Scott Fitzgerald.

I don't believe in fairytales. Want to know why? Because they're not real. There is no shining knight in armor. There is no princess that has a big castle and needs a strong man or woman to save her. But you want to know what's real? The dragon. The bad guy who wants to make life hell for the main characters.

That part is very real. Because it's happening.

Emily coughed up the smoke in her lungs. The car had come to a hault after a semi truck had crashed into it. She tried to get out of her seatbelt when she felt a sharp pain in her abdomen. She tried to just ignore it and reach for her gun but she couldn't.

"JJ? Aaron? Can you hear me? Are you guys okay?" Emily asked as she tried to reach for her knife in her back pocket. It was no use. The sound of slow clapping filled the silence around Emily.

The woman looked towards the bright lights of the head lights and saw a figure come out. When the man came into vision, Emily clenched her jaw.

"You son of a bitch," Emily said as Liam walked up to the car.

"I should have just killed you when Liam said to! I regret every day not killing you."

Liam, also known as the right hand man of Ian Doyle once upon a time. Emily hadn't remembered he escaped. She thought he was hiding underground like a coward or dead because of Doyle.

"Nice to see you too, Lauren," Liam said and chuckled as he leaned over the window.

"What do you want?" Emily asked as her vision started to get fuzzy. Her head was spinning.

"I wanted to pay you a visit. One you'll never forget," Liam said and smiled. "I promised Ian Doyle that I would finish you off no matter how long it took. And I'm a man of my word. And I won't be a coward like he was."

"You leave Declan out of this," Emily said through her teeth. Liam chuckled as he reached over and grabbed a shard of the broken glass. There would be no finger prints since he was wearing a gardening glove.

"I don't have anything against the boy. But I have everything against you," Liam said and locked eyes with Emily. "It's your fucking time now isn't it? And they'll never find me."

"You're wrong. My team will kill you," Emily said as Liam chuckled. The man just raised the shard of glass and stabbed Emily right in her stomach. The woman screamed in agony. She tried to take out the glass but it had cut her hand. Emily's entire body felt cold now.

"Now I can finally rest too," Liam said and smiled cynically. Emily watched him as he walked away and into the semi-truck that he was driving.

Emily's body felt entirely weak as her eyes slowly shut. JJ groaned as she woke up. The woman's eye had some glass it in. She couldn't see what was happening too well.