Prologue: L.O.V

Loona sat at her receptionist desk in the I.M.P building, bored out of her mind as usual as she had nothing else to do but keep her eyes glued to her phone, occasionally her mind went to the Hellhound she met around a month ago. Vortex was his name, but her fantasies about having even the slightest chance with him were crushed when he mentioned already having a girlfriend.

"Loonie! We're gonna go off some asshole top side, be back soon dear!" Blitzø excitedly called out to Loona, taking her out of her thoughts of Vortex as he used the grimoire to open up a portal to the living world. Moxxie begrudgingly followed his boss through the portal while Millie almost excitedly skipped through it with her husband.

After the portal closed, Loona let out a sigh of annoyance as she set her phone down on her desk for a moment so she could rub the sides of her skull, trying to get rid of the headache brought on from the annoyance from her adopted father.

After a moment she groaned before picking back up her phone to go back to her original activity of scrolling through Vortex's instagram while occasionally making an unintentional growl at the sight of Vortex and his girlfriend smiling happily at the camera in multiple photos. But after a moment or two of scrolling she became confused as she saw the last photo Vortex put up on his Instagram was a few weeks ago. From there he went completely silent on all social media, 'weird...' Loona thought to herself as she set the phone back down on the desk.

Her thoughts were cut short however when her phone buzzed, signalling that she had just received a text. Curious, Loona picked up her phone to see who it was... it just so happened to be the very Hellhound on her mind. Loona's ears flicked up with excitement as she opened up their conversation to see what he had to say.

<Hey girl, remember when I told you I'd give you a ring if you'd ever want to party?> was what Vortex texted, causing a small smile to appear on Loona's face as she remembered full well what Vortex told her.

<yeah?> she responded trying to act at least somewhat cool for the hellhound.

<party tonight at my place, 9pm. You're invited girl> Vortex sent back only seconds later.

Loona could barely contain her excitement, but obviously she didn't show it in her texts. Instead she kept to her usual calm, almost uncaring attitude. <Cool. See you there> she responded simply.

<looking forward to it.> Vortex replied.

Loona quickly checked the time and her eyes widened with alarm when she saw that it was currently 8:33pm. "Fuck!" Loona exclaimed as she leaped from her chair, completely disregarding her secretary duties as she sprinted out of the building. She then began rushing all the way to hers and Blitzø's apartment to get ready for Vortex's party.

-

Octavia was laying down on her bed, listening to music as she usually does to drown out the sounds of her parents, Stolas and Stella screaming at each other. The only thoughts on her mind at that moment were how shit this was, but the one thing that somewhat helped keep her mind off of the annoyance of her parents arguing were the thoughts of a Hellhound she met a few months ago... Loona. Remembering her name made her smile a little, but that smile quickly faded when she heard. "Octavia! Dinners ready!" From her mother, clearly still angered from she and Stolas's recent argument.

Octavia let out a loud groan of annoyance and dragged herself off the bed, exiting her bedroom with her ear buds still firmly in and blasting her music.

Arriving to the dining room she didn't even bother greeting her parents with the slightest glance, instead she simply sat down on her chair with a huff and picking up a fork, playing with the food on her plate.

Stella angrily glared at Stolas with a mean, murderous scowl, but slowly started to pick at her dinner, never once averting her livid eyes away from him.

Stolas on the other hand was completely oblivious to this and ate at his dinner without a care, but something suddenly came to his mind and he smiled. "Oh, via! I do believe your eighteenth birthday is coming up!" He exclaimed with clear excitement.

Octavia simply rolled her eyes and sighed. "Yaay..." she said with pure and utter sarcasm while still playing with her food boredly.

Stolas smiled. "I have a great plan for you, how about we have a day with Blitzø and his Hellhound daughter? I know you and her liked each other when you first met." He suggested with clear excitement.

Stella scowled even more at the mention of Blitzø's name but didn't say anything, simply growling a little.

Octavia however froze up, suddenly very nervous. "I... erm... uh..." she stuttered, starting to blush a little at the thought of seeing Loona again.

"Exactly! Too excited to speak! Don't worry, I've already arranged it." Stolas said with a big, excited smile.

Octavia blushed even more, now she didn't even have a choice to change her mind about it. "O-O-Okay..." she stuttered, even more nervous than before.

Stolas smiled and finished his dinner before standing up. "Well, I have some duties needing attended to. I shall be home soon." He said cheerfully, leaving the kitchen.

"No fucking rush..." Stella growled under her breath as she watched Stolas leave.

Octavia sighed, slowly starting to eat her own dinner. Though the more time went by, the more excited she got for her eighteenth birthday. Or rather... to see Loona again...

-

Vortex was currently setting out a bunch of alcoholic drinks in his house to prepare for the big party he had planned and luckily, Verosika Mayday had given him a few days off after a recent... incident that left him unable to think clearly on the job. The true reason he was having this party was to take his mind off this incident.

He was constantly checking his phone for the time to see how much longer he had, but also to check if Loona had sent anything else... for some reason, thinking about the Hellhound made him feel happy and fuzzy inside.

With all of the alcoholic drinks set out, he plopped down on his couch to wait for the first few guests to arrive. Though he was only excited for one of them.

As he waited, he found himself scrolling through Loona's Instagram, smiling when he saw her most recent post of him and Loona at the beach for Spring break.

After that day, Vortex found himself thinking about Loona a lot more, and how much he hated himself for turning her down in such a way

Suddenly, his doorbell rang, signalling that his first few guests have arrived to the party...