Chapter 8

Third person's P. O. V.

The next day at school, Allan was quiet and very unlike himself. He went to school in the morning, sat beside Janis without saying "hi", listen to class all morning without saying a word, not joining in any conversation during a game in science class. Allan was afraid that the class may have already knew his secret singing in the toilet every day after school. He was afraid all of them will laugh at him. He was feeling insecure.

However, Graham, Patrick and Nathan never told the rest of the class about Allan's singing. They all agree that they had hurt Allan's feelings and decided not to talk about it again. Besides them, there's only one other person who knows about Allan's secret.

Graham was restless for the past evening and the whole morning. He tried to approach Allan whenever he got the chance, but Allan avoided him and walked away. In the morning, he walked to Allan's table to talk but he buried his head under his arms and pretend to sleep. During their science game, Allan played on his own, refusing to look at him.

The bell for recess rang, and all the other students have already left class and headed to the canteen, but Graham was still in class, staring and spinning his pencil on the table. He was more and more worried about him and Allan's friendship, and he wonder whether Allan will still want to be friends with him anymore.

"Hey Graham, what's wrong?" Patrick asked, expecting Graham to come with him to the canteen.

"I wonder if Allan still wants to be friends with me..." Graham bit his lower lip worriedly. "We made him so angry yesterday,"

"Maybe, slowly he will," Patrick patted Graham's shoulder. "Come on let's go."

When they reached the canteen, Graham spotted Allan and Janis on a table, and headed towards them, throwing early lunch and Patrick to the back of his mind. Patrick followed him to the table without objecting.

"Hey Allan, Janis, can I sit with you?" Graham asked, pretending to look cheerful although he was anxious inside.

"Oh...Graham..." Janis spoke, glancing at Allan before looking back at Graham. She knew that something is wrong between the two boys, but she didn't know why. She just knew that Allan was angry with Graham. "Actually..."

"Janis, do you remember we are going to the library?" Allan spoke, stuffing all the food he had into his mouth. Janis had finished her early lunch too, she looked at Allan, not knowing how to deal with the situation. Allan seemed to be avoiding Graham with all his heart.

"Um...Graham, sorry, we are leaving," Janis said slowly.

"It's okay!" Graham put on a smile, a fake smile. Inside him there was only disappointment.

Allan left, and Janis followed him. Graham slumped into the chair with a sigh.

Patrick watched Allan and Janis until they were out of sight, letting out a sigh too. "Come on Graham, let's get some food."

"I'm not hungry," Graham said, burying his head into his hands. His stomach was already churning, yearning for food, but Graham ignored it.

"You sure?" Patrick asked again.

Graham simply nodded.

When school ended, Graham rushed out of the classroom and out of the school gate. He queued up for ice cream again, this time buying only one. It was Friday, and his pocket money was not enough, so Graham had borrowed money from some of his friends to buy it.