16. Road Trip PART ONE

"We're going to the lake house for your birthday on Saturday!" My mom told me and my jaw dropped.

"We haven't gone there since I was ten," I said with a big smile on my face. Cassady smiled at me and I felt guilty, "Can Cassady come?" I asked and her face dropped, every ounce of color drained from her face.

"I can't crash your trip." She said looking startled.

"Nonsense! How can you not come? You've done so much for our family," my mom said and I frowned. What did she mean by that? How did Cassady help our family? This made no sense. But then I remembered, my mom made no sense. So I left it there. Since she's helping me bring Cassady with us. I looked to see Cassady frown the same way.

"My mom makes no sense. Don't worry about it," I whispered in her ear. She gave a small giggle.

"Please, you have to come," Tony said. "I really want to get to know the girl who made my brother happy again." What? What was he talking about? I hadn't changed. Had I?

Cassady sighed, "I'll see what I can do," She said, giving in. With my family, that was a smart move.

Cassady took my hand in hers and I looked at her with a smile. "I think I should get home." She whispered.

I looked back to my family, they were chatting with the Olsen's at that point. I cleared my throat and when I saw that I got their attention; I looked at my phone, pretending to look at the time. "Oh, look at the time. Cassady I think we should get you home," I said and she laughed slightly before saying, "yes,I think so." With that said, she greeted my parents and I took her home.

When I reached her house she didn't climb out immediately. She looked me in the eyes and I couldn't help but go in for a kiss. Like all the others, the world around us faded until it was only me and her. Her soft lips locked in mine. My hand went up to the back of her head and I softly brushed my thumb against her cheek.

We pulled away slowly but I rested my temple on hers as I looked in her eyes, "I love you." I whispered.

"I love you too." She whispered back and I landed another slow kiss on her lips. This one didn't last as long as previously, this one was about four seconds.

After pulling away from our second kiss she opened the door and climbed out. "Should I walk you to your door?" I asked.

"No, you should go home. You need to catch up with your parents." She said walking away.

I climbed out and walked to her side anyway. As we walked I locked my hand in hers and we walked slower. She didn't want to reach the door for the same reason I didn't want to: we wanted this to last.

But we did reach the door. She looked at me with a small smile. "Please come with me?" I pleaded, finally braking the silence.

"But it's your birthday. I don't want to invade." She said, taking my other hand in hers as well.

"You're right; it is my birthday. And I want you there." I said.

She looked at me for a while and sighed as a sign of defeat, "Fine. But you do know I still need to get my parents to say yes, right?" She said, lifting an eyebrow and shifting her weight to the one side.

"Yeah." I said, leaning in for a kiss. It was slow with a lot of feeling. "And that was to encourage you to try even harder." I said with a smile.

She laughed a little, before letting go of my hand and bringing it up to the back of my neck and bringing my head down to hers. We kissed again, slow at first but it got heated fast and before I knew it both her hands were behind my neck an my hands were at her sides. We pulled away when we heard someone turning the doorknob.