~ an elf's mission ~

I can't believe how long I made this chapter. Sorry not sorry. I love long chapters. And the elegant filth adds to it :)

{sexual content warning}

~

It has been nearly twenty-four hours in the cellar. No food. No water. No sunlight. Theo holds Luna and I in his arms, and I relish in the comfort of at least having someone to hold onto. The air in here is incredibly thick and repelling, and the floors are covered in dirt.

Luna tried healing Theo's weregild bite when they first threw us down here, but since all of our belongings were left in the woods and our wands were confiscated, we couldn't do much of anything.

"A-Are— Are you two OK?" I ponder in my shaky voice. "I'm so sorry for dragging you guys into this mess—"

"We're alright, Sage," Theo replies. "If anything, you're the one who needs comfort." His eyes fall to my forearm although it is concealed by the hoodie sleeve. "You could have just left us in the woods, but you took us in and I can't express enough gratitude for that."

Luna sits up from his chest, pushing strands of her silver-blonde hair behind her ear. "Theo's right, you know," she says delicately. "You and Draco saved us, too. The Death Eaters would have captured us at my home—"

"I'm just terrified," I sob, letting more tears escape my eyes. "I— I could be losing him. I could— I could be losing him forever."

"You and Draco are the epitome of star-crossed lovers," Luna mumbles, reaching for my hand. "I believe in a future for you two. I can even sense it, too."

"She's brilliant at sensing things," Theo laughs, lifting the mood between the three of us slightly. "Luna, my darling, I'll get you out of here. Whatever it takes, I'll keep you safe."

"Oh, I love you, Theodore Nott," she responds, pressing her lips to his cheek.

"And I love you, Luna Lovegood."

A warm feeling comes over my heart, watching Luna and Theo seek love and safety in one another. Their love seems to be everlasting. In all honesty, I have never seen two people be so infatuated with each other. Luna clasps her hand over mine, her lips curling into a soft smile.

"Thanks for being here, you two," I grin, staring at the dirty floor beneath my feet. "I don't know what I would do if I was here on my own."

"Well, I can't say we are happy to be here in his disgusting cellar," Theo snickers. "But, we're happy to be here with you, Sage. It could be a lot worse."

"Are you OK, Theo? Does it hurt?"

He grazes his fingertips against the dried blood on his neck. "It hurt like a bitch at first. Now, it just stings. But, I've got this cool scar and— and girls love scars. Don't they, Luna?"

Luna shakes his head in disbelief at Theo's easy going demeanor. "My love, I'm sorry I couldn't heal you properly."

"Don't fret, angel. Nothing is your fault."

"I know how badly it hurts, Theo," I say in an attempt to console him. "I had the same feeling when Nathaniel bit me all those months ago—"

"But, you're not a bloody werewolf—"

"Molly Weasley healed me in time."

Theo lets out a huff, leaning the back of his head against the wall. Luna nuzzles herself into the crook of his neck, shutting her eyes for a much needed night of sleep.

After a while, the two doze off into a silent slumber, leaving me to sulk in my thoughts in this murky, lifeless cellar. There are no windows to let any light in— just a small torch in the corner where Theo and Luna are situated. We are completely helpless in here. We have no wands, meaning there is no way of escaping. No fresh air either. This can't be healthy.