e i g h t

I woke up, remembering that today I was going to see Luke.

I jumped out of bed, and threw on a pair of stonewashed jeans and a black tank top. I then slipped on my combat boots and walked downstairs.

I walked into the kitchen, expecting to find my mum, however, she was no where to be seen. I walked out of the house and sat on the mailbox, waiting for Luke. We would have to go somewhere else, because if my mum saw him in our house she would hate his guts before even trying to get to know him.

After 10 minutes of waiting in the morning sun,a car pulled up. Luke got out and smiled at me.

"Thanks mum." He uttered towards the car before closing the door and making his way over to me.

"Hey Zoe, how are you?" He asked. I smiled, trying to forget about the night before.

"I'm good. Did you want to go somewhere rather than my house?"

"Uh sure, it's up to you." Luke said, smiling.

We made our way to a coffee shop that was up the road from my house. After getting our drinks, we made our way to a park with children's play equipment, which was suprisingly deserted for a Saturday morning.

I sat down on the small bench, but Luke kept walking towards the playground.

"What are you doing, Luke?" I watched his long legs climb up the ladder to the top of the slide. "Come and sit up here with me, It's nice." he said, smiling.

I rose from my seat and followed his actions, only my shorter, stubier legs made it take longer to get to the top.

I squished in next to him, holding onto the bars on the edge to prevent myself from falling.

"There's not much room" I commented.

"Why? Are you afraid of boy germs?" he teased, poking my cheek.

"No, just an observation." I giggled.

We talked for around half an hour, and I noticed that the seemingly permanent weight on my shoulders was being slowly lifted off. I felt genuinely happy around Luke, and I wasn't sure why. Maybe it was just nice to have a second person in the world that I actually wanted to talk to.

I was suprised at how quickly I had gotten comfortable around him. I mean, I wasn't going to tell him all of my deep, dark secrets, but at least I didn't want to throw up my lungs, like I did when I was around most other people.

"Would you consider us friends?" I blurted, without thinking about the possibility that I might creep him out.

"Yeah, you seem cool." Luke shrugged, ajusting the maroon beanie on his head.

"Why, do you consider us friends?" He asked back.

I pondered on the idea for a moment. Luke and I hadn't exactly talked to each other a lot, but when we had, he seemed genuinly happy and bubbly. Something I wasn't, so I guess I just wanted to hang around him, in hopes it would make me happy too.

"...yeah."

He wrapped his arm around me, as it had started to get a bit windy and I wasn't wearing a jacket. I found myself leaning my head on his shoulder, and if it was even possible, shuffling closer to him.

////////////////////

FINALLY I UPDATED WOW I AM SHITTY AT THIS BUT SCHOOL IS GETTING REALLY HARD FOR ME AT THE MOMENT AND IM FALLING BEHIND SO UPDATING HASNT EXACTLY BEEN ON THE TOP OF MY LIST.

ALSO THIS CHAPTER IS SHORTER THAN MY ATTENTION SPAN WHICH IS VERY SMALL

ANYWAY, IF YOU ARE ACTUALLY READING THIS, I LOVE YOU AND IF YOU ARE ACTUALLY READING THIS AND YOU DON'T THINK IT SUCKS YOU SHOULD VOTE:)

- kaitlin