You're Having a...

HERO

To say I thoroughly enjoyed my birthday is an understatement. It was easily the best birthday I've had and that was all thanks to Jo and her baby bump. The moment she turned on her side, cradling the small but very noticeable bump a wave of emotions came over me. Complete wonder at the life we created and an overwhelming sense of protectiveness for both her and our baby. Proudness and complete excitement were added to that mix when she called me Daddy for the first time. Since then it's really hit me that I'm going to be a parent, a Father to mine and Jo's baby. They're half me and half Jo. I'm so excited to find out what we're having, just as long as the baby and Jo are healthy is my main concern.

I was a bit frustrated that Felix texted me while Jo and I were dining. He knew I was out with her as I'd made a point in telling him just before I left work for the day. When I arrived at the pub about ten minutes away from The Shard, he and Morgan were already well on their way to being drunk. All Morgan was arsed about was Elif and whether he was getting mixed signals. I couldn't hack it with them already being about five stages closer to being drunk than I was and I felt like a total dick for letting Jo go home on her own. I told them I'd left Jo but was going to go back to her, I could tell they didn't really understand what was going on so I left them to continue their night, knowing they'd be out until sunrise.

On my walk back to The Tube station where I left Jo, I spotted a patisserie that was still open but looked like it was getting ready to close. The bell above the door tolled as I stepped into the shop, an older lady jumping from behind the counter as it chimed.

"Are you still open?" I ask, seeing only a few cakes left in the display.

"Yes dear, what can I get for you?" I have no idea what cakes I'm looking at, I only recognise one and that's a strawberry tart. I know Jo likes these so I request this and ask the lady what her favourite is. She advises on the salted caramel cheesecake which she pops into the box at the side of the tart. After paying and leaving the store with the sugary goodness I head straight for the Tube. I'm lucky because as soon as I hit the platform, a train pulls up in the direction I need. Hoping on, I start to tap my right foot, anxious to get to Jo, I feel like shit for leaving her, hopefully, these cakes make up for it.

That night at Jo's was probably the best I've spent with her. Each time we spend the night, it gets better and better and I feel closer to her. I couldn't stop myself from kissing her neck after unzipping her dress for her. I'll admit I had no idea why she called me into her room when I knew she was getting changed. Being able to hold her close and kiss her sent surges of heat throughout the whole of my body. I felt completely wired and oversensitized, especially when Jo's soft hands touched my abdomen. Kissing Jo is on another level though. I've never felt anything as powerful and as strong when I've kissed anyone else. Granted there haven't been many others, but in comparison... well there isn't a comparison. This is Jo. The mother of my child, there's no comparison to her. There never will be.

I've not taken the scorpion pendant Jo bought for me off since the morning following my birthday. Sleeping holding Jo and our baby was the best feeling, I can't wait until Jo is a few more months along and we'll be able to feel our baby moving in Jo's tummy. Both of us woke up later than we'd have originally planned and we didn't move a muscle all night. When my eyes came to focus in the morning my hand was still on her bump and her hand was still over mine.

As planned, we went baby shopping the following day and got the first few things for our baby. A collection of baby grows, caps and mittens just to get started. We didn't want to buy too much, both Jo and I agreed we'd wait to find out what we're having before building their clothes collection. We did have a look at some other items, including prams and car seats, although again, we decided to wait until we knew the gender.