Chapter 23: Who is Roronoa-Nico Naruto? Naruto's Big Reveal!

Naruto got up and headed towards the training field to just relax for a bit before the chaos in the sea. Naruto brought his mom's book which had the picture of his ex family. He never wanted to forget what they looked like so he could prove them wrong. "Hey, whatcha reading?" Mito asked, suddenly appearing in front of Naruto who blankly looked at her, unamused. "Still the same book," Naruto answered while reading about how Robin spent her time with the revolutionary army. "What's in it?" Mito asked while trying to grab the book. "Stuff that's going to be uninteresting to you," Naruto said while standing up and holding the book away from Naruto. Mito reached up to try and grab the book. "Let me see it!" Mito yelled while trying to grab the book and Naruto kept dodging Mito's attacks. Though he wasn't expecting Mito to punch him from behind. Naruto dropped the book and Mito ran away with it. She opened it and saw a picture of her family with her brother in it. "What's this? Why do you have a picture of me and my family?!" Mito asked. "Are you stalking us?! Planning to kill us maybe?!" Mito yelled and Naruto shook his head, already growing a headache from Mito's screaming. "You know what? I'm going to tell my dad! He'll know!" Mito yelled before running as fast as she could towards the Hokage tower. Naruto immediately started chasing after her, but Mito was quicker. Naruto had not been in the village for a while so his knowledge of his surroundings is a bit blurred. But for Mito, who grew up all her life here, everything was easy. She easily lost Naruto who tried to keep up, but Mito knew the village more than Naruto. Mito easily made it to the Hokage tower quicker than Naruto. By the time Naruto got to the Hokage tower, he barged into the office and there was only Minato who was staring at him with confusion. "Where's Mito?" Naruto asked, not seeing her. "Mito? Probably getting ramen. Why do you need her?" Minato asked and Naruto was confused. He was sure Mito would've gone straight to Minato with the picture. "My bad, Hokage-sama," Naruto said while still looking around, trying to feel for Mito but her presence wasn't there. Naruto didn't want his village to know who he was. They'd all beg for forgiveness because he's so powerful and Naruto didn't know if he had it in him to forgive them, nor did he want to deal with the consequences of not telling. "It's fine, why do you need her anyways?" Minato asked and Naruto thought of something that was a partial truth. "Ahh sorry for bothering you. It's just that Mito took something from me and I'd like it back," Naruto said to Minato while rubbing the back of his neck. Minato had a bit of deja vu, since his son used to do the same when he was embarrassed or in trouble. "Then I'll call her in now," Minato said and Naruto went to say no when Kushina walked in with Mito. His ex family was there, everyone in the same room. He should've known Mito wouldn't go to Minato but to her mother, Kushina. "Minato! We need to discuss some family issues," Kushina said while pulling Mito alongside her. Naruto immediately froze, not knowing what to do for almost the first time in forever. (I love Frozen). Kushina saw Naruto and froze. It seemed dots connected in her head and she charged at Naruto with arms open wide as if she wanted to hug him. Naruto dodged the hug and made a beeline away from the trio. "Kushina, what's going on?" Minato asked. "That's Naruto! Our baby boy! I knew I recognized you from the minute I saw you!" Kushina said while staring at Naruto with tears in her eyes. "Kushina? What are you talking about? Naruto was announced dead five years ago," Minato said, confused. Mito just stared at Naruto almost in astonishment, almost like she saw a ghost.

Suddenly, Naruto was speechless and in fear. Fear of what his ex-parents would do, fear of the village, fear of what his family would do, fear almost consumed him and he began to feel claustrophobic. "Kit, calm down," Kurama said and Naruto began to calm his breath but it all went unnoticed by the trio who were discussing Naruto as if he wasn't there. Naruto calmly took a deep breath and tried to sneak out of the office. "Roronoa-Nico Naruto," Minato said and Naruto immediately turned towards Minato, who was looking at him with a neutral expression. "Yes, Hokage-sama?" Naruto answered, trying to also stay as neutral as possible. "Are you really my son?" Minato asked and Naruto froze. He knew this question was bound to come up, but he couldn't think of an excuse. Everyone looked at him, expecting an answer, but Naruto didn't know if he could answer. He tried to avoid the situation where he'd have to answer this question but to no avail. "Well, we're waiting," Kushina asked and Naruto sighed. He didn't have the heart to lie. " Yes, I am Naruto," Naruto said vaguely, almost hoping they would drop the question but from the trio's unamused faces he knew he had to tell the truth. "I am your long lost son, Uzumaki-Namikze Naruto," Naruto said while staring at the trio, waiting to see their reactions. "Naruto! We were looking everywhere for you!" Kushina cried while trying to grab Naruto again into a hug. Naruto narrowly dodged it and Kushina looked hurt. "Hokage-sama, I'd like to leave the village now with my family," Naruto said with no emotion in his voice. "What?! Leave the village? Not on my watch! We just found you and you're not going anywhere!" Kushina scolded and Naruto's anger began to rise. "I am your mother and you will listen to me when I say you're not going to leave us to go to your so-called family! We're your real family!" Kushina said and Naruto snapped. "You are not my family, you never were my family. You gave up that right when you kicked me out on my seventh birthday," Naruto said calmly, trying to keep his anger in. "What are you talking about?! I never kicked you out!" Kushina argued but Naruto still remembered what she said to him and what Minato had said about him. Naruto didn't want to actually stay and argue. He just wanted to leave the village with his family. "Yes, you did. Now if you'll excuse me," Naruto said calmly. "Hokage-sama, I've completed the mission, I am now going to leave until the jōnin exams. I expect an invitation via messenger hawk," Naruto said while staring at the trio. Naruto turned to walk out the door but Minato stopped him. "If you walk out that door and don't talk to us about this matter, your ninja status will be terminated," Minato said and Naruto immediately froze. Minato had Naruto right where he wanted him.