03. to all the stars who are there to listen

"Oh oh the night comes down
And I get afraid of losing my way"
night comes down, queen

"Oh oh the night comes downAnd I get afraid of losing my way"— night comes down, queen

☆

"HAVE ANY THREES?"

"Go fish."

Freddie peeked over the top of her cards, her eyes flitting towards her father as he picked up another card. The faint lull of music filled the small room as the two sat in their pyjamas, their tea slowly going cold beside them. The girl glanced at Oliver who stood behind the man, his eyes focused on Dominic's cards as he held up two fingers.

"Got any twos?" She asked, her eyebrows raised in amusement.

Dominic shot the girl an incredulous look as he handed her his card. Freddie placed down yet another pair of cards on the table with a smug smile, earning a loud groan from her father.

"You're cheating!" Dominic accused, slamming his cards down onto the small table.

"No, I'm not!" The girls offer defensively, her eyes subtly moving to Oliver, who was watching them with a faint smile. "If anyone here is cheating it's you, 'Mr Spy'!"

"Hm..." He shook his head in disbelief as he stood up, grabbing the two cups and placing them by the sink while Freddie emitted a loud yawn. "You've had a long day Fred, I think it's time for you to get some rest... and I'm not on duty until eleven tomorrow morning, so you-" He patted her head as he walked past her to go to the bathroom, "You get to sleep in."