horror stories

Underneath...

Drifting alone at sea, I watched as the sand blurred out more and more, getting further and further away by the second. The sea got darker. Shades and shades of blue overtaking the view from bellow, until I could no longer see what was approaching from underneath. I couldn't see the creature getting closer, the water turning blood stained red, the pure black eyes. watching.. waiting.. from underneath.

Axe and keys

They always locked the door. always remembered keys. same thing every day. leave through back door. lock back door. so when they knocked at the door that evening saying they had left their keys at home, I was questioning why I hadn't seen them lying on the counter. but brushed it off. I walked up to the door, put the spare keys in, and twisted. the door opened and there they were. and as they walked by me, the sound of keys rattling alarmed me. rather large pupils alarmed me. unnatural smile alarmed me. axe dragging across the floor... alarmed me

footsteps

they were everywhere. the noises coming from the attic. the creaks, stomps, whispers from the empty space in the ceiling. I put up with them, well that's what I told myself. it was more of not being able to bear the thought of the creature living in there. I didn't want to know what claws sharpened from above. which pair of eyes watching me sleep. so I left them alone, let my imagination run wild, until they stopped. I don't know if I was thankful or even more worried. it should have been a relief to finally sleep well, but the theories still kept getting more and more terrifying. 10 years later I was moving out, so of course I finally took my first steps into the attic, that's where I found its victims. The lonely corpses, the scratching on the walls, the whispers of going insane. well... if it wasn't them, then t would have caught me.

Sent 2;19am

I sent my message, left it there for a few hours. hi: sent 2:19am, and waiting for his response. the next morning I checked again. hi: sent 2:19am. I felt my throat tighten up. ignoring me again. later that evening I opened up snapchat. Hi: sent 2:19am.. Monday morning, he wasn't there. Friday I was worried, I called him mum. no answer. called the police and they visited his house. and there was the phone, lying patiently next to his dangling feet. and his mothers pool of blood.