T w e l v e - noiwantedzhongli

A/N: WHAT 1K READS YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!! WAS NOT EXPECTING SO MANY READ THANK YOU ALL SO MUCHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chapter Twelve: Ambushed

Where was he? The prodding branches stuck out at odd angles and the tree itself felt like it was looming over him. Shuddering, Kaeya moved on forward into the cavern he found behind a strategically placed rock. He was pulled towards this place, and as if it knew exactly what was going on, suddenly the hidden underground forest pulled away to reveal an open area, with a simple stone table sitting in the middle.

On the table there was a handmade map of Mondstat, coloured in red and blue. Turning around, Kaeya saw him, at last. There the Twilight Sword stood, half hidden in the shadows, wearing black and blue with a facial mask. Smirking, Kaeya walked over to the silent blonde, "I had a feeling that I'd see you here, Dainsleif. Allow me to introduce myself. Kaeya Alberich, Captain of the Knights of Favonius- but you already know that, no?"

Narrowing his eyes, Dainsleif replied calmly and seriously. "You are indeed intelligent, however, t'was not I that has been keeping tabs on you." The blonde haired man walked over to the smooth stone table and sat down, motioning for Kaeya to do the same.

Sitting down facing Dainsleif, Kaeya started, "How did you find this place?" So many memories were made here as a child. He briefly remembered the night him and his father spent hours trying to wait out the rain in this cave. Just grasping on to his childhood memories, he could hear his own voice, excited and full of joy. "C'mon Luc! You have to see this, I'm sure you'll love it!"  He remembered the happy days where Diluc and him would just hangout, talking about Master Crepus and Dawn Winery. They too, along with his spark of hope were slowly disappearing.

Dainsleif said nothing, as if deep in thought. Taking note of this, Kaeya hummed quietly, waiting for the man to snap out of his thoughts. But something was... off. Kaeya turned around, glacing behind him. Was he being paranoid that someone was tracking him and watching his every move ever since he left Liyue? He shook it off, blaming it on Dainsleif, however that worked.

As he turned back around to face that blonde man, suddenly two swords flew past his face and directly at Dainsleif, pinning him to the wall. Kaeya barely had time to prepare himself before four swords this time flew at him. He struggled, but it was no use. Both of his hands were stuck, the edge of his glove pinned against the wall. How did he get beaten so easily?

Kaeya glanced briefly at the sharp object that connected him to the wall, and concentrated the ability of his Cryo Vision. The ice shimmered, crawling up the sword, but not breaking it, like most objects made of steel would. He frowned and tried again, the sword stayed in one place, not shifting nor breaking. Trying to quell the panic rising up inside of him, Kaeya examined the sword carefully, trying to decipher the material through the thick layers of ice covering it. Finally, he realized his mistake. The so-called swords weren't made of metal, steel, or any of the materials he had originally thought. Instead, there was a beautiful and elegant water sword. Looking up frantically, he searched for his opponent, who was nowhere to be seen.

Then he heard it. the soft careful steps of someone who sounded light and cautious, most likely a girl, and perhaps their partner, whose footsteps were heavier and more natural. Kaeya turned his head around, searching for the two acquaintances and just then, he saw a shine of a blue hydro vision.

The clanking of something that fell soon brought his attention. Dainsleif stood there, with all of the hydro swords on the ground. They were like icicles, made of water but then seemingly frozen before being used. The blonde man glanced at the Cavalry Captain of the knights of Favonius, and in that instant, their eyes, both with similar designs met. Almost as if it were on cue, suddenly there was a crack and the swords exploded, leaving only silver mist hanging around his field of view.

Kaeya coughed, looking around him. He in the middle of the mist, with everything around him pure white. He closed his eyes shut, the scene making his head hurt. Suddenly, Kaeya felt someone pull him aside, nearly making him trip over his own feet.

Suddenly, he was met, face-to-face, to bright golden eyes that resembled the colour of a topaz. Next to him, there stood someone in light blue, but his vision was getting hazy. Blink. Was this the substance in the air? Blink. He mustn't go down like this. He can't. Blink. Who even has blue hair anyways? It looks so weird. Blink. I... what's going on?

A/N:
Ty for reading everyone! Now it's a time for you guys to make some decisions...

Should I make a fluff Kaeluc/Luckae Oneshot in honor of 1k reads?

Also, major plot point- your decision:

1. Kaeya fights Diluc (Kind of want to write this one)

2. Diluc and Kaeya co-operate and fight together (the perfect duo - underneath Xingyun ofc)

3. All of the above (Though the plot would be bad and too confusing)

Alr ty yall!