Chapter Two

"You need to tell her." I spoke up.
Grant and I were at my house alone, he's been staring at his phone debating on calling Emma for the past 15 minutes.
"I don't want to hurt her."
"If you don't end it then you'll be hurting yourself."
He just kept staring at the phone, so I grabbed his phone and called Emma.
"Hello?"
"Hey Emma, it's Skye. Grant needs to talk to you."
I gave the phone to Grant, but he shook his head no.
"Either you tell her or I do."
He sighed and took the phone, putting her on speaker. I just stayed quiet.
"What's going on babe?" Emma asked.
"I-I think we should break up." Grant said sadly.
"Why? Did I do something wrong?" Her voice started sounding weak.
"No...I just don't feel the same anymore. All we do is fight."
"So you're just giving up?"
"I fell for someone else, Emma. It's over."
"Oh, I see..."
"I never wanted to hurt you...I'm so sorry, Em."
"I gotta go. See you around."
Then she hung up. His eyes started watering as he put his head in his hands.
"I'm sorry, Grant. Come here."
I held him as he cried, "She didn't deserve that..."
"I know, I know."
I felt so bad for him, he doesn't deserve it ending like this but it's for the best.
He pulled away and looked at me.
"I love you."
"I love you too." I said, giving him a small smile.
"No you aren't understanding what I'm saying."
He kissed me and he didn't pull away. I thought it would he awkward, but it wasnt. It was amazing. We both smiled and pulled away.
"Oh shit." I mumbled. "Emma."
"We broke up...like today. You were there. Remember?"
"I know, but she's still one of my best friends and going after her ex isn't something thats okay."
"You're my best friend, you introduced us. If we want to be together, we can be."
"No, I'm sorry I don't want to ruin our friendship."
"Skye, when I told Em that I've fallen for another girl, that girl was you. It's always been you."
I sighed, "Please trust me on this."
"Okay, fine. If that's what you want."
"It's not. But it has to be this way."
"Alright, fine."
"Don't be mad.."
"I'm not mad. I've just had a crush on my best friend since we met and it sucks not being able to be with her. The only reason I got with Emma was to get over you. Then I actually fell for Emma and I was stuck between two girls. My relationship with Emma has been hell because I didn't know what I want and now that I do it's too late. Also, knowing you want it too makes it so much worse!" He said and got up, then walking out the front door.
My eyes started watering, Grant and I never fight. I just can't believe he's actually mad at me for doing the right thing.
* Grant's POV *
I called Emma, clearly frusterated.
"What Grant?"
"The girl I caught feelings for is Skye. It's her okay it's always been her. Now we can't be together because she feels like you'll be mad if we are."
"If she's my friend she wouldn't want to be with my ex."
"Are you serious?!" I said, raising my voice. "If it wasn't for Skye you and I never would of even met! We were best friends first! Why can't we just be together?!"
I hung up, scared I would say something I'd really regret.
I love Skye. I'm in love with Skye. How do I make everything right and still be happy?