𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚

The Addison Mansion

"Are you sure that you can handle the mansion and all of the works?" the smallest of the two asked as they walked to the long hallway of their mansion. The long hallway is decorated with huge picture frames that display every head of the Addison Family.

The tallest one sighed before scratching his head in frustration.

"You asked me the same question for the seventh times already! I know that you still don't trust me since I'm a jerk but, I will make sure that I'm capable of handling this mansion," he complained, earning a sigh from the smaller.

"I'm just making sure that I won't regret choosing you, Ace," the smaller explained.

"You won't. I will make sure of it, Big Sis," the taller said in a serious tone.

When her eyes landed on a specific picture, she stopped at her track and stood in front of it, quite admiring it.

"I will miss being the head of this mansion," she mumbled but, loud enough for her younger brother to hear.

"You looked like you deserves the position in the first place," Ace commented - also staring at the portrait of his sister.

Hadleigh chuckled at the compliment that Ace gave to her, all of the sudden.

"Really? I think so too."

"Cocky," Ace mumbled but, he intentionally said it loud enough for Hadleigh to hear - which got her to laugh before patting him on his back, quite hard.

After staring at the portrait for more seconds, the two decided to continue their walk.

As they walked, Hadleigh wandered her sight around. The Addison Mansion is like those mansions that will be found in Fantasy stories about nobles. It is the same as the mansion of a Duke - meaning it is massive and wide, especially the garden.

The walk was ended when Hadleigh and Ace made it to the opened gate that is fifteen feet high - making the two six-footers looked small.

"So, I will finally say goodbye?" Hadleigh asked after stepping a few steps forward and faced her younger brother. Smiling at her brother, Hadleigh didn't wait for his response instead, she throws herself to her younger brother and hugged him, tenderly - like how their mother hugged them.

"If you missed us, don't ever hesitate to call and we will visit you here. I know that you are a man now but, for me... you are still the kid that always acting like a brat. I'm going to miss you, Ace," Hadleigh said, softly - burying her face on her brother's shoulder while her eyes were closed.

Even after hearing the word brat, Ace let it aside and hug his sister back with much more tender than hers.

"I promise that I will make you proud, Former Head of the Addison Family," Ace said softly, earning a ruffle on his hair by Hadleigh.

While breaking the hug, Hadleigh gave her brother a sweet smile before kissing him on his forehead as a goodbye.

"Goodbye, Ace."

Feeling the warmth still lingering on his forehead, Ace let out a warm smile.

"Goodbye, Big Sis."