The sun, the moon & the stars // oneshot

It never occurred to her that this 'feeling' was off, everything about it was normal to her. The way her heart clamored around like a trinket in a box then shook, the way she had to suppress her desires to wrap her arms around them, everything in between and far beyond felt 'normal.' 'Love' she felt love, even without the intense definition of it, she knew that was it, but defining what type was a different problem. No matter how many books read or life lessons learned nothing led her to the answer. No one showed her and led her there not mama not anyone after either. For one in her life, she couldn't rely on anyone, no advise, no anything. But.. she was okay with that! Even if it hurt sometimes it was okay, because she didn't need an correct 'word' to define her love for them. She already knew.

For him it was a bit different, so analytical he knew once his heart thumped loudly next to her he was in love. That rush of heat towards his face when she'd praise him, or that jittery feeling in his stomach when she'd get close. Puppy love, he'd muse later on in life. He loved the sun, but getting to close always burned. He reached for it, stretching out his weak and frail hand but was only ever met with empty air, to catch a sun was impossible. But so was the star. Unlike the bright love from before, loving him was cool, like a night underneath the stars, giggling away at their antics and the arguing, the slight breeze that'd go by catching the moment stopped in time. At that moment he thought he was the prettiest being alive, the sun burned but welcomed him. The stars sat in silence always beckoning closer but never opened up. He loved them more than anything or anyone else.

Stuff like this isn't in books, he often mumbled, no one could ever explain it in a textbook way- chemistry, math, english, none led to this emotion. Did he love them because everyone loved them? No. That couldn't be it, always second-guessing, left in a cycle again and again. These unlogical feelings and desires, getting in the way. He was fine being an audience member but before he knew it he longed to be on the stage with them, share it with them, but that wasn't his place. He watched far away, never letting them closer but it's hard to love someone and only watch. And those idiots never gave him the closure either, they dragged him onto stage despite his pleads and complaints, but.. he was happy about it. To love someone like this, to love those two like this... it's more than enough even if it doesn't fit into the 'sense' he wanted.

---------

Hello! Long time, huh? Really, I don't write much anymore so this account is pretty much dead. But I decided, maybe something very small would be good for now! If you're reading this, thank you!

P.S. if you're confused about the order:
Emma -> Norman -> Ray
Have a good day!!