Around The World in 5 Days

Once upon a time, there was a man named Canute who had just heard the name of the book, 'Around the World in 80 days.'

Standing tall at 185cm, he was a thin middle-aged guy. He thought of himself as a philosopher. He had a job and lived in a small house. He belonged to the middle class and lived a peaceful life.

He thought," They traveled the world in 80 days. I can surely do it better. It's going to be the easiest thing to do."

So he decided to take the journey. He booked all the flights required for the journey in advance.

Canute, without hesitation, packed his bags and left off to fulfill the journey. He was going to travel far across the seas to achieve his goal. He could not enjoy anything as he had no time to stay there and just had to keep moving.

Nothing could stop him. He was determined. He traveled to a few countries and reached back his homeland, Denmark in 5 days. Alas, he had completed his journey with little to no effort.

He spent a lot of his savings on the flights and had to go back to work. But, what was more important to him than his work?

Of course, BOASTING!

He drove to his friend's house and invited a few more people there. He told all of them how he traveled the world in 5 days with so much confidence. It was a sight to see, as the listeners controlled their laughter and Canute went on, telling his story with such confidence.

As the story came to an end, everyone burst out with laughter.

"You fool, that story is set at an early age. There were no planes at that time. That's why it took them 80 days." said one of Canute's friends.

He was embarrassed and ran away from the house.

His life savings were destroyed and he struggled for money at an old age.

..................................................

"The fool wonders, the wise man asks."

-Benjamin Disraeli

...................................................

"The heart of a fool is in his mouth, but the mouth of the wise man is in his heart"

-Benjamin Franklin