Chapter 3: Cakes and Clarifications

After the cake had finished, Alana had decorated it with the most vibrant colours in the form of the Quidditch pitch from the Holyhead Harpies stadium. It was pretty good if she had to say so herself, and after taking a shower, she quickly packed it up to get ready to make the walk to Ginny's apartment.

The weather was quite good considering that February had only just rolled around. It didn't compare to the warm weather at home, of course, but it was better than it had been throughout January. Alana still remembered how great it had been to have snow on her birthday instead of rain.

Snow was something she had been accustomed to compared to a lot of her friends. Her mom always missed the snow and cold weather because it was what she associated with Christmas. So, throughout the years of Alana's childhood, most of her Christmas' had been spent in the French Alps.

Alana jumped up the stairs to the familiar apartment with the cake in her hands. She shuffled a bit, trying to not drop or crush the cake while raising one of her hands to knock on the door.

Movement could be heard from the other side, and for once, Alana didn't have to remember to smile. The bright smile was plastered on her face but instead of Ginny or Harry opening the door she was met with a large man.

He was rather tall, but his stocky muscles were quite apparent underneath his tight shirt. He had the same eyes as Ginny, but where her features were softer, his were incredibly sharp; his jawline, cheekbone, nose, all of it able to cut diamonds.

He crossed his arms over his chest, his biceps popping in the process as he rested against the doorframe. His hair was a beautiful flaming fiery orange with red undertones and sat effortlessly ruffled on top of his head. Light freckles stretched their way all over his skin, gatherings of them appearing where his skin was tanner.

"So, Allie? I knew you wouldn't be able to stay away from me," the man chuckled, crossing his legs as well while she only became all the more confused.

"Sorry, do I know you?" She asked, looking past him down the hallway to see if Ginny or Harry could be spotted. "Is Ginny or Harry home?"

"What? It's Fred, are you playing hard to get?" The man asked again, but her eyebrows simply furrowed even further, and she looked at him as if he was crazy.

"Playing hard to get?" Alana huffed. "Of course not, can you just get Ginny for me?"

"Ugh, right," the man said. "Come in, she's in the shower right now." He stepped to the side and waved her in after him.

Alana walked straight to the kitchen, where she put down the cake, and then back to the hallway where she took off her overcoat and shoes. Fred had sat down in the couches by the large windows where another man identical to him was sitting and talking with Harry and Ron. The other man identical to Fred was staring at her, eyes completely locked to her as she walked into the living room.

Fred... that had to be Fred and George then, the guys that Lee had spoken about last night. Had they come to the bar as well? Hopefully, Alana had not embarrassed herself in front of them. Fred whispered something to who had to be George that made his eyes shoot directly to Fred, and all four of them turned around to look at her.

"Um... hi?" Alana said with a small wave. "I don't know if you're hungry, but I made another cake." She pointed towards the kitchen counter where she had put down the plate.

"Cake!" Ron exclaimed. "You baked the other one as well, right? Holy Helga that could beat even the feasts at Hogwarts!" He instantly got up from the couches along with Harry who gave her a small greeting as they both began searching for things to cut the cake with.