Justice No more

"Oh no!" Screamed Brielle. "That Brown was just a scoundrel. And now because of him, my husband is dead! But Mr. Frank, why didn't you tell me everything in the first place? In fact why didn't you state everything on the same day? Why did you hide for so long?"

"Cool down dear Brielle," Frank tried to relax her and gave her another glass of water. "I did not hide anything from you. In fact, I wasn't aware that Tigor put something into his drinks until the camera guy showed it to me. I ran to your house the very next day but failed to see you as I saw Brown's associates around your residence every now and then. They all stopped following you since last week because they thought you're a nobody now and you can do nothing to Brown."

"But they were wrong. I'll catch that dirty man and put him behind bars. I'll make sure my husband gets justice." Said Brielle in rage.

"What're you gonna do?" Arthur asked worried.

"First I am gonna call the cops for help and I also am going to file a case against them. Brown will be in jail real soon." Brielle exclaimed.

She grabbed the CD and rushed to the police station. There, she argued with the incharge but nobody was ready to help her. The case was too old to be brought up. The police rejected to file the case as all of this happened so many years ago.

"I have clear proof!" Exclaimed Brielle. "And I am not gonna show it to y'all now. I'll file a case in the court first thing tomorrow morning."

She did as she said. The case was accepted. Christopher Brown and his associates were called. The session began. Brown's advocate disagreed with Brielle's every statement. Brown did the same thing.

Brown's associates including Tigor and his men were there. Brielle, along with her little son Arthur walked every day down the street for justice. Brielle believed that Brown would accept his sin in front of the court in the first place, but he didn't. So now was the time to bring the proof in front of everyone.
At the end of the court session, Brielle exclaimed, "My Lord, I have one last but powerful proof against Mr. Brown here. This one proof will bring the real face of Mr. Brown in front of everybody. Brown will be in jail when this proof comes out.
Unfortunately sir, I do not have it now, but I will bring that the first thing in the court."

Saying so, Brielle made her move and started walking out with her son. Frank accompanied her till theu reached the point where their paths differed. Frank wished them good luck and walked his way down the street.

On her way back, Brielle thought she wad being followed.
"Arthur," she whispered, "When I tell you to run, just run as fast as you can and don't look back. Just reach for Uncle Frank's apartment."

Little Arthur nodded his head. A few steps later, 3 men rushed towards Brielle and stopped her. They held her hand tight and started pulling her towards the van.

"Run Arthur run! Don't look back. Fight for your father. Never ever look back... Momma loves you!"

Arthur ran for his life. He cried all the way and ran as fast as he could. He knew that it was maybe the last time he saw his mother. He couldn't even give hera final hug and cry. He had no time. He rushed to Frank's apartment, panting and screaming.

"Uncle Frank! Open up!" Arthur cried as he knocked at the door.

"Arthur? What are you doing here? Where is your mom? Why are you here all alone?"

"Help my mom. Some bad people took het away!"

"Wait here Arthur, I will do something. Just stay there."

Saying so, Frank rushed out.

Arthur spent the rest of the day, crying and waiting worriedly for his mother. Neither she nor did Frank return home. It was half past 9. Arthur was hungry. He could not resist sobbing and was wiping his tears every now and then. Although Arthur was a little boy, he was disciplined and he hesitated to go inside Frank's kitchen to grab something to eat.

A few moments later, Arthur hears a knock on the door and shivers. Maybe the bad people are there to take him along with them. Then he heard a familiar voice.

"Arthur? Are you still there? It's Uncle Frank."

"Oh Mr. Frank, I was so scared. I thought they took you too. Did you find my mommy?" asked Arthur worriedly.

"Oh my son, I am so sorry I couldn't find your mother anywhere. But I promise I'll set out first thing in the morning. Did you eat anything son? Feel free to use my kitchen if you're hungry." said Frank, trying to calm the kid.

They had their dinner but it seemed like Arthur couldn't stop thinking about his mother. Frank put Arthur to sleep and slept. But Arthur's worry for her mother was irresistible.

The next morning, Frank woke up really early and made breakfast for Arthur. Arthur woke up along with him but still looked tired. Maybe he didn't sleep all night, thinking about his mom.

"Don't worry kid," Frank said, "We'll find your mom today."

Both Frank and Arthur started out to look out for Brielle. She was nowhere to be found. They looked out on every street, every colony, every residence, every where, but Brielle was still not found. 

"Why don't we tell it to the police?" asked Arthur in a low voice.

"If we complain to the police, they'll take you away and keep you in their custody. That'll be a bad idea. Bad guys do not fear police my son. You'll have to stick with me if you want to be safe. You're good with me not the police. The bad guys can kidnap you like your mother."

"At least I'll be able to see my mother." Arthur cried.

"Kid, are you nuts? The people will kill you!" Frank growled.

The day was in vain. Brielle was not found. Another bad day in Arthur's life.