6.

Part2

~No One's POV~

Chaos was the only word that could describe the Glade at the moment.

The doors of the maze were all wide open, letting the grievers enter the Glade freely and attack the gladers. Everyone had seeked shelter inside the council, all stacked up in the small space as they listened to see if the grievers were still there. They had nearly lost Chuck and they had just lost Alby to the grievers.

Thomas didn't waist any time though, not bothering to see if the beasts were still there and tried to follow the griever which had taken Alby. He stumbled outside the room, stopping dead in his tracks when his eyes fell on the sight in front of him.

The glade was completely destroyed. Fire burning everywhere and silence, dead silence, filling the night air. The other gladers had hurriedly followed after Thomas only to have the same reaction and look around the Glade in despair.

"Gally?" Thomas asked as he saw the teenage boy walk furiously towards him just before throwing his fist in Thomas' face. The brunette fell to the ground from the blow but also from the shock, not having expected that but soon he was back on his feet, listening to Gally accusing him.

Thomas stood there, thinking about what the other was saying and that maybe he was right, maybe it really was his fault. He looked at Newt, the blonde trying to calm Gally down and holding him back with the others to prevent him from attacking Thomas again, and wondered how he would react if they discovered that he had a part in all of this.

He needed to know. Thomas had to know if he was at fault here. So without thinking twice, he snatched the needle that was in Chuck's hand and slammed it into his thigh, a loud yell of pain escaping his mouth just as Chuck and Teresa both screamed his name in horror at what he had just done. Thomas could vaguely hear Newt tell him that he was going to be okay as he cried and held his hand just before Thomas lost consciousness.

~In Thomas' mind~ Flashback~

I was walking in the corridors of WICKED's headquarters, heading discreetly towards Newt's bedroom. I crossed paths with a few guards and doctors, nervously greeting them and behaving as confidently as I could to not raised any suspicions towards me and my presence near the subjects' rooms.

Room 109 soon enough came into view and I was about to reach for the door handle when I heard footsteps coming my way. I dropped to the ground quickly to pretend I was tying my shoelaces and doing so until they walked passed me and turned around the corner, leaving me alone again. I stood back up and reached for the handle again, turning it and entering the room only to find it empty.

Panic rushed through my veins as I took in the empty space and stood frozen in place for a few minutes before coming back to my senses and running as fast as could towards the surgery rooms. I tried to stay focused and not let in too much fear as I could not let anybody know how affected I was being by this, they would do bad things Newt.

I kept running, ignoring the looks I received as I did so and after another two minutes running, the surgery rooms came into view and I slowed down, breathing in and out to even my breathing again and hide the fact that I had ran all the way here. I opened the door and walked inside, seeing thankfully only a few nurses and Newt, lying down onto a table, straps gripping his ankles and wrists so that he wouldn't move.

"What are you doing here?" A nurse asked with a raised eyebrow, standing next to me. "You're not supposed to be in here"

"It will only take a few minutes, I need to talk to the suject" I said as confidently as possible and she chuckled.