The dream

Hey! My name is Olivia and I'm dead. Well I think so at least. It's been a couple of years since the incident, and every time I try to talk to someone they just ignore me! Also I found out a couple months ago that people can walk through me!!! It all started about 5 years ago when me and my four friends had the worst possible idea ever.

5 years ago:

As I walked up to the door of the castle, I saw that a party was going on. Everyone was dressed up in fancy dresses and suits, and they were dancing to classical music.When I looked down I saw that I was wearing a beautiful light blue dress with sparkles everywhere on it.

I looked around to see the ruler of the castle but I didn't see them. But what I did see terrified me. Sitting on the kings throne Was a tall pitch black shadowy figure with tiny red dots for eyes. It looked like some one took a piece of a black whole, put eyes on it, and then put it on a throne. When I looked around again I saw that no one noticed it. It was like this was normal to them. Everyone was just dancing normally.

When I looked back at it I saw that it was looking right at me. I saw it get up from its chair and start to float toward me. I tried to turn around to run from it but I couldn't move. I looked around again and saw that everyone that was there was gone! I was all alone with this thing!

It floated closer and closer to me. It stopped when it was about a couple of inches from my face. It spoke in the deepest tone of voice that I had ever heard.

It said, "Be wary, for some will rest eternally and some will see the sun. Trust your instincts, for not all inspirations will be ethical. Gather all information you receive and savor it, for you will need it in the near future. Good luck young one."

The shadow disappeared in the blink of an eye leaving me alone in the empty palace.

Suddenly I was in a different place. Still wearing the dress I looked around and saw what looked like an abandoned hospital. That walls had cracks and vines all over and the windows were either shattered or non existent. Around the hospital were trees. I looked around a bit more before realizing that it was in the middle of a very thick forest. It looked to be about the middle of the night, as I saw the moon illuminating the sky. Started to I hear something. It sounded like something scratching on a wall.

I heard the voice again.
It said, "This is the place that seals your fate."
Just then I saw the ground beneath me disappear revealing a pitch black void. As I fell I thought to myself that all of this had to be a nightmare and that I was bound to wake up right around this time.

Just as I thought I was about to reach a hard surface I woke up.

I sat straight up in bed and looked around to make sure that I was really awake and that the nightmare didn't just take me somewhere else. Just then I heard my alarm go off for me to wake up.

I sighed.

"At least I'm not dreaming anymore." I said great-fully. Although I couldn't get what that shadow said to me out of my head. Was it trying to warn me? Or am I just thinking to much into it?