CHAPTER 23- THE GREAT ESCAPE

Terri's POV

Judging by the looks of it am on the second floor, the window is padlocked which means no security system if I break the glass out, plus it's not grilled, thank god. Think I should try the door first. I headed to the bed for the hairbrush, I put the pillow over it and press down hard enough to break the glass, I move the pillow and search the shard glass for a large enough piece. I then dunk the pillow out of the pillow case onto the bed and use the pillow case to wrap one end of the piece of glass then wrap it around my good hand like a dagger. Now am no pro but I've watched enough episodes of pretty little liars to know better than to wait around and I've watched enough prison movies to know enough about self-preservation.

I wrapped the belt around my other hand and hold the buckle in my palms. Now what. Should I try the door and take my chances or should I try to shimmy my ass down a drainpipe and run for the woods.

"Fucking bitch nearing bit me junk off last night" I heard someone beyond the door say. Drainpipe it is, am already dressed for a hike, so I might as well take my chances. It's bizarre how am not even hungry and it looks like the sun is actually beginning to set not rise, I could wait for night but I don't know how thick those trees are or where am going. I zip the jacket up and ready my stance at the window. It's like they want me to run, but am naive so fuck it, I grip the stool with my hand with the belt and I give it all I've got.

SMASH

The glass shatters in one go, maybe they underestimated me, I heard faint footsteps but I didn't wait for an invitation, I broke the rest of the glass with my foot and carefully shimmied outside. There was a small ledge not large enough to run but I have no choice. I meekly moved my ass to the next window looking into a different room, there's a girl on the bed, I knocked the class and she stirs awake and looks in my direction, shit.

Fucking Victoria, I see her eyebrows tilt up but am already moving away by the time she starts screaming for the damn guards. I never liked that bitch, I just knew she was bad news, miss 'oh I love your father dear', I guess joker needed his harlequin. I needed to get off this god forsaken house side. I saw a pile of hay a little far out and I just went for it, without even thinking. I land square on my ass but the hay broke my fall a little.

By the time I got up to run I felt a scalp ripping grip to my hair, I spun on my heels and just swung low. The mirror connects his lower abdomen so quick I barely felt when I stabbed him. His grip loosened and I push him off with my other hand and step away.

"Ahhhh, you bloody cunt." He staggered.

"Am so sorry, I, I didn't mean to," I quiver out, staring in disbelief at his open wound oozing with blood, ive never stabbed someone before. I heard faint shouting and shook off the nerves trying to get my feet to operate.

BANG!

I was off faster than Usain Bolt at the Olympics, one gun shot and I was gone. I turned and ran for the woods like my life depended on it, it did. My feet hit the ground like the bullet did the air, the wind never felt so good against my skin, the freedom in my lungs and the cool icy touch of the air on my cheek. When I neared the boarder of the woods and the open field I heard him shout.

"Run, just like your mother!" I must of heard him wrong, why would my mother run from him, you loved her and her job, she died saving our country, right. As tears start to prick my eyes I start weaving through throngs of trees, my mind began to drift to the passed, all the suppressed arguments, fights. The wads of money, hidden in the house, all the guns and ammunition I use to find in my play things. The more I ran it's like am unlocking another part of my brain I haven't used in years, my mother use to train me to fight but I always assume it was because that's who she was. I never realized it's because she feared for me, every time she left she had the same look in her eyes, it was never 'I hope I return to see you again', it was always 'I hope you're here when I get back.'

BANG!

"Shit!" I whisper yelled, trying not to draw attention to myself, I've been so caught up in my mind I didn't see the log sticking out in the way. The shot sounded distant, but who knows if they know these woods better than a novice like me.

BANG!

I slipped feet first down a ditch, I felt rocks, branches, leafs scrap at my leggings on the tumble down to the base. I landed on my face, am not sure if I passed out or not but the hoody now covers my head and I felt heavy, as if something is on top of me. I peeked out my eyes and saw dried leaves, I pushed up off the ground and felt the gravel under my palms. I pushed myself up, feeling the chard of mirror still tied to my hand. I could hear crickets, the night sky up above looked dark and desolate, no stars in sight, only the full moon.

I turned my upper body to see what's burdening my legs, bark, leaves and rocks, must be from the fall. I got up slowing, shaking o the weight and trying to adjust to the darkness for any signs of life, but nothing, am alone. I clung to the side of the ditch and pulled myself out like a rock climbing game. Then the lonely, yet discreet walk in the middle of nowhere, am not sure which direction I came from but I prayed am not heading in circles. The belt around my hand gone, only the one I fastened around my waist over my leggings still attached.

How did my life get here, I was happy, loved by few but loved none the least? As I trotted to no end my mind landed on him, the thickness of his abs, the way his biceps flexed under me, on top of me, how smooth and succulent his lips felt on mine. God, if I make it out of her he better have a damn good explanation for it.

What would possess a man who made love to a woman like he was famished and she was his only food supply, to just vanish. The way his hands bruised me, how his lips, drank all my screams all my moans, how could he leave. I guess the same way my father did, no, they're not the same and you know it. Damn him.

Even at my worst my mind still finds a way to give him reasonable doubt. I wonder if he knows am missing, god, I miss him, I miss Jess. As my eyes tear up I see something about a yard out ahead of me. Abandoned, broken boards, broken windows and a stench of death, emits from the vacant shed, perfect for hiding until daybreak. I crept inside, eyeing the shack for anything out of the ordinary.

Pushing open the door I stared inside, squinting my eyes to get a better look, I stepped farther in and the floor boards creaked, lack of maintenance I assumed, I found a corner in the what appears to be sheep house, and curled up for the night. As I unwrapped my mirror master piece and held it close to my chest, I leaned back against the building. Lord, I pray for strength. Pulled my knees to my chest with my arms in-between. I don't know whose looking for me, but I pray he finds me, the only thing I want to do is get lost in his hazel brown eyes and his soft silky hair.

I longed for his skin to be pressed up against mine again. As my mind wonder on every inch of his body I recalled how being wrapped up in his arms felt. My body relaxed and my head fell to my knees. I felt every ache of my muscles, I felt every scrape and bruise from my tumble, I didn't feel anything before now. I felt so drained, yet thinking of him I felt so alive, Vinte left his imprint, I tried to shake it but I can't, you can never really escape the mark of true love.

SNAP!