𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏 - 𝐊𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐱 𝐂𝐫𝐮𝐳

June 2017, Las Vegas

Kalix Cruz was from old money.

From a very young age he was told that he would have to take on his family's business since his older brother didn't. So, he never really thought much about what he really wanted to do in life. Being a fairly obedient child, Kalix didn't want to go against his family's wishes.

Luckily for him, he actually liked business. Now at 17, he was seated with his parents at their dining table listening to them go on about how next year, he would officially be in the business world.

"kalix are you even listening?" Kalix snapped out of his thoughts. "hm? yeah sorry about that." Kalix's mom sighed "you know you can't do things like that in official meetings."

Kalix's parents weren't as strict as his other relatives but they were still fairly strict. Recently, things about his business were the main talk in the family. He was pretty content with how it's going since he was able to convince his parents to let him start his own business. Instead of taking on their business. Agreements were made under one condition.

They had to be able to provide connections and money.

Continuing on with their conversation, his mom brought another question to the table. "so, have you decided what type of business you want to start? if you don't then we really might just have you take on the family business." Kalix internally panicked, gently biting his lip. "shit i didn't think we'd go this far into the future yet but what did i expect." Kalix gathered his thoughts back together. "actually yes, I have." Now, a whole other conversation took place between the teen and his parents. Along with his younger sister, Kamira just listening and dropping her thoughts every once in a while. This was how dinner went in the Cruz family with Kalix nearly starting his business.

As much as he appreciated everything they were doing to help, there was another thing that he wanted to ask for. But with exhaustion reaching the teen, he decided to continue keeping it to himself. After dinner, Kalix headed up to his room.

Kalix's Pov

Dinner was finally over. Tonight, my parents didn't ask many questions like about arranged marriages. Don't even get me started on that. I understand where my parents are coming from but I'm wishing for a bit more freedom.

Which is why I wanted to ask my parents if I could set my business up in L.A. I know it's still a year away but everything was done in advance here. Earlier, when my mom asked what type of business I wanted to start, I had to say something. I knew the new year would come by in a blink of an eye and I already got my parents to agree with my decision. I couldn't let my effort go to waste. Which is why I mentioned that I did have an idea on the type of business I wanted to start. That was a lie but I had ideas. Keyword, ideas.

I did manage to remember something I was really interested in on the spot. So, I just told them I wanted to start some type of agency. I let them know that I still wasn't specifically sure on what type of agency and they understood. That was so relieving. I grabbed the handle of my door and twisted it open. Jumping on to my bed. Lately, all I've been thinking about was the business and I still have a whole year to live through before I would actually start it. I really needed something to escape reality right now.

As I laid on my soft bed, my eyes started to feel heavy from all the thinking that had been going on today and from these past few months. I felt sleep approaching my body. Finally, I'd get my rest for the night. That was until I felt something vibrating close to my arm. Half asleep, I realized it was my phone ringing. I wonder who I needed to talk to now.

Authors note:
Hi! i hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter. i'm really excited to see where this story takes me and my writing since i have many ideas that i think you'll all enjoy.

word count: 724