Seven

"Thanks for everything, Mom and Dad," I grin and give them a huge hug before stepping into the RV with my stuffed suitcase and purse.

"Bye, sweetie!" Dad calls.

"Katniss!" Clove exclaims, squeezing me into a hug, earning a smile from me. After everyone put their savings together, we had enough to go on a road trip. And everyone's excited about it, even Gale, who doesn't seem to like traveling at all.

"Who's driving first?" Peeta asks while I set my two bags on the floor.

"I will," Finnick volunteers, raising his hand while walking to the front. Annie follows, sitting in the passenger seat beside him.

He starts it up, causing Madge, who's putting on mascara, to jump. The makeup streaks across her face and everyone busts into a fit of laughter. She scowls at us silently before looking into a mirror on the wall. With a loud huff, she gets a makeup wipe to remove the black mark.

"So," I sigh while hugging Peeta, "Where are we going first?"

"Disneyland!" Madge exclaims.

"What?" I laugh, "I thought we discussed this at the ice cream place."

"Oh, come on, Kat," she smirks, elbowing me in the ribs, "Live a little."

"Fine," I grumble, a hint of a smirk on my face.

"Want a tour?" Peeta looks down to me. He and his brothers picked out the RV.

"Sure," I shrug, happily following Peeta to the back of the bus.

"So this is the bedroom," he holds his arms out to gesture to the four beds in front of us. They're like bunk beds, but rising off of the ground, two on each side. Under them lay three drawers each. "We're going to have to have two people in each bed. And then one of us will be driving or we'll stop somewhere."

"Wait, but isn't there nine people?"

"Yeah, the couch is a futon in the front," he replies. Oh.

"Cool," I smile as Peeta turns to the side opening a door.

"Here's the bathroom," he flicks on a light to show a tight space, still managing to hold a toilet, stand up shower, and sink with a small cabinet. "And that's it, besides the stuff you saw in the front."

"This is gonna be fun," I hear Johanna say, approaching us. It is.

----
"We're here!" Finnick exclaims, parking the RV.

"Yeah!" Cato jumps up and down.

"Why so happy?" Clove chuckles, poking her boyfriend's cheek.

"I don't know," he shrugs, smiling, "Never been."

After we get the tickets, we walk into the park and split into a couple groups.

"We're going on some big coasters," Gale says, gesturing to Cato, Clove, and Johanna beside him.

"And we're going to the indoor rides and attractions and stuff," Madge wraps her arms around Finnick and Annie.

"We'll meet up soon," I wave as they walk away.

"Looks like it's just you and me, Peet," I smile up to the guy beside me.

"Yep," he smiles, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. "Let's go somewhere."
*
We hit 1k reads yass thank you😘