1003rd star: Seasons change and we grow up

It has just started raining in the small Pha Pun Dao village. The villagers have started to prepare their houses to be as rain-efficient as possible, meaning they not only have to stop the rain water dripping through the roofs, but also have to save the rain water for later use.

Thankfully, the Pha Pun Dao school is strong and well built enough for all the students and Kru Tian to continue their studies without any disruption from the rain.

All the students are late today because of household errands. Kru Tian is also late because he had to fix the roof of his house, all messed up from the rain. The kids just run to the school holding their bags on their heads, no umbrellas. Kru Tian has to use an umbrella because his house is quite far  from school and also, someone will scold him to death if he doesn’t.

[At the school of Pha Pun Dao]

Kids: “Good morning, Phi SeeTian”
Tian: “Good morning, it is already the rainy season. Take your umbrellas to school next time, ok?”
Kalae: “We only have one umbrella at home, phi”

Other kids raise their hands and nod, meaning that what Kalae said also applies to them.

Tian: “Then maybe I have to teach you how to make an umbrella easily next time.”
Kids: “Yay!”
Tian: “Okay, let’s start today’s class, then.”

--Class Time---

[After the class]

Tian: “Okay, kids, that's it for today and you better run home before it rains again.”

The kids put their stuff into their bags and run down the stairs of the school just like they always did.

Chief Phupha walks towards the teacher who just finished the class and is preparing to go home.

Tian: “Oh, you are here.”
Chief: “Yes, and I think we need to go to the town because we might need some household items for the rainy season.”
Tian: “Sure, why not?”

Chief and Tian head for the motorcycle. The sky is still gloomy after the rain. No rainbow, no sunshine.

Tian: “I think it is going to rain again. We shall hurry up to the town. I only have one umbrella. We can buy one more at the market.”
Chief: “One umbrella is enough, don’t you think?”
Tian: “So you want to be soaked in rain water. I don’t mind that.”

Chief makes a sulky face at Tian, although Tian can’t see him. Tian has to hold Chief’s waist tight from behind.

Chief: “ We might need a raincoat and several buckets, and some material to fix your roof, too.”
Tian: “Okay now, focus on your driving. The roads are slippery.”

-----

[At the market]

Tian: “That is too expensive for a raincoat.”
Chief: “Oh really, Mr.Rich Kid? You used to wear a T-shirt that was worth 20 times that of this raincoat.”
Tian: “That was in the past. I am now a poor teacher who is living with a poor forest officer.”
Chief: “Says who cried because he couldn’t live with this poor forest officer.”
Tian: “Chief!”

Tian hits Chief in his shoulder and the Chief pretends as if it hurts.
After a while, the shop owner comes up to them.

Shop Owner: “Hello Chief and Kru Tian. Are you guys liking that raincoat? That is the best quality of all the raincoats in our shop. If you like that, I can offer a discount for you.”

Tian’s eyes sparkle.

Tian: “We will take that.”

The chief shakes his head at Tian who has become unintendedly cute trying to get as many discounts as he can.
While shopping, Chief can’t help but notice that his boy has changed a lot since he first met him. Rich and spoiled Tian was cute for him but for other people and Tian himself, it wasn’t good. Chief used to think that he needed to help Tian a lot in changing his behaviour and the financial management, too. It turns out now that Tian saves more money than him. He can’t help but look at Tian with the proudest face in the world.

Tian: “Chief! I’ve been calling you for a long time. Stop spacing out!”
Chief: “I am not spacing out. I just remembered how you used to be so spoiled. Look at you now, you’ve become the perfect housewife.”
Tian(glaring at Chief): “Hey, … you are the only one who sees me as a housewife. But I have to admit that I have changed a lot.”

Tian pauses and thinks.

Tian: “Thanks, Chief.”
Chief: “I just remembered how I had to teach you to thank me, too.”

They both laugh, enjoying the memories of the old times.

Chief: “You are still not thanking me properly. You have to thank me at home again.”

Tian shoots a glare at Chief for the nth time.
The gloomy sky outside the market becomes heavy with clouds. A couple of thunder sounds warn them to return home fast.

Tian: “We have to return home fast, Chief.”
Chief: “Okay, let’s hurry up. I will bring the motorcycle here.”

They hop over the motorcycle and head towards the village with quite a speed.

Tian: “Chief, I think the rain in Pha Pun Dao is really different from the rain in Bangkok.”
Chief: “How come?”
Tian: “It feels like the rain helps the villagers a lot and everyone is happy when it rains here.”
Chief: “That is because they need enough rain for their crops to grow well. And they don’t have to carry the water all the way from the water source when it rains.”
Tian: “Yeah, in Bangkok, almost everyone is annoyed when it rains. It’s just different.”
Chief: “We have to cherish the presents from nature.”
Tian: “True”
Chief: “I am reminding you to cherish your biggest gift from nature, too.”
Tian: “What?”
Chief: “*fake coughs* The chief forest officer.”
Tian: “I do cherish it, you know.”

Tian tightens his grip on Chief and enjoys the warmth of Chief. The houses of Pha Pun Dao start to appear in their vision.
Then a couple of rain drops start to fall.

Tian: “It is raining, Chief.”
Chief: “We are almost there, I believe we won’t be soaked.”

They arrive at the PhaPiRun Unit in no time, thankfully before the rain actually pours.

Tian: “I will leave what you need here and go home. I want to fix my roof as soon as possible.”
Chief: “You will need me. Let’s just go together.”
They walk to Tian’s house but the rain starts to pour halfway through their journey.

Tian: “Get the umbrella out, Chief!”
Chief: “Oh no, we left your umbrella at the PhaPiRun Unit.”
Tian: “Then, get the new umbrella out. Oh no wait…”
Chief: “Did we…”

They actually forgot to buy a new umbrella at the market. But they decided to continue walking in the rain, knowing that this will be a great memory to talk out in the future. After all, seasons will change and they will grow up together.

----End----

Thank you all for reading this boring and plain fanfic. This is more like a log of the daily life of Chief Phupha and Tian in Pha Pun Dao. I just wanted this to be really casual and comfortable. Also, please bare with this new writer ><. I will try to improve my writing skills.
Have a nice day.