Chapter 5 - DIAGNOSED WITH CANCER

I rushed to my house immediately. When I entered the house, I saw dad and uncle fighting furiously.
"Do some work and earn money yourself!" shouted dad. 

"Why on earth can't we just sell that good for nothing noodles shop which is rotting out there!?" said my uncle firing back.

I tried to calm both of them down by saying that they could sit down and talk. I could tell by their expressions, that dad and uncle were truly mad at each other and would start using fists if not calmed down.

After 10 minutes, my uncle got a call.

Tears burst out from his eyes as he kept down the phone.

My dad's anger suddenly disappeared, and he asked the reason why he was crying.
"M-My w-wife..." he said stuttering.
"What your wife!?" asked my dad, curious to know what was going on.
"S-she is I-" said my uncle still not able to believe what he had heard on the phone. "Are you telling me or are you going to keep stuttering like that?" replied my dad, getting irritated by now.

"M-my wife is diagnosed with stage 4 cancer." exploded uncle.

There was complete two-minute silence in the house.

No one could move.

I wish I had never heard this sentence.

I loved my aunt so much. She was like my mother. Suddenly, I felt all my memories with her fading away. I wanted someone to say that this was a dream.

But no, no one said that it was a dream.

I went to my room. I picked up my album. I saw all the photos in it. 60% of them were of me with my aunt. I was trying hard not to shed tears. It was hard. My mind became clustered. I couldn't think of anything.
I got a call from my boss 10 minutes later asking me where I was, and that Jackson had a concert in some time. I rushed to the company. I went to Jackson and apologized for visiting my home in the middle of working hours. He looked at me and asked, "Oh, you needn't be sorry, it's okay, I understand that you had something urgent but did something happen, why do you seem so upset?"

What could I say now? Do I tell him what had happened? No, no, there is no way I'm telling him that. 

I didn't know what to say. I stood still shedding a tear or two. He slowly came towards me and before I knew it, he gave me a warm hug. I was so sad at that point in time, but I don't know why, after he gave me a hug, my heart started beating like never before.

I-I just can't explain that feeling. But maybe time will.