A Father's Pride

It was a tense affair riding with good Solonius to my father's villa, he and myself had a wonderful time getting to know ourselves in the carriage. Although two very stubborn souls were pouting and refused to join the conversation.

"Look just around that curve is your home my dear, I'm sure you must be filled with the utmost happiness to be home again hmm." Smiling he pats my hand gently.

"May i speak freely to you sir? Worriment fill my core, surly he has forgotten me by now. Truly he must wish for a son who molds to his on visage, and look himself and his bride."

"He will love you from sight to shadow, as all fathers should. Now stop fretting you know Vargio hates it when you do it Kostbaar." Sighing I lean back in to the cushions. Perhaps their right that i am underestimate my value to my father, but if growing up in Rome thought me one thing it is this: you will never be allowed to be yourself if it dose not benefit Rome herself.

Well that and one can never forget the auburn jeweled words of Marcus Crassus "Tome is filled with gossips, hypocrites, and acolytes. My dear and they will attempt to pull you to their level. In those moments when every thing seems dark,like only enemies surround you, that you are entirely what you demand of yourself to be."