storm

OMFG FINALLY A STORY 

fucking god- sry for not having one out in over a month

also you're tall in this like 6'2 bc y not

2nd person

The storm had only gotten worse as the day continued: the rain got heavier; the fog became thicker; the thunder rattled the earth and the lighting cracked through the sky. weather like this meant you didn't have to train or teach but instead bound to your desk for paper work. you and Levi had went your separate ways after leaving your shared room. your offices were at separate sides of the building which was an inconvenience, but you were used to it. usually Levi would come in your office with some tea at some point during the day, but today he hadn't. you assumed it was because he couldn't see the sun because of the heavy layers of damp fog surrounding the base.

by 12am the weather still hadn't cleared, some said it had, somehow, got worse but it was difficult to tell by the dark sky. it was definitely unusual that you hadn't seen Levi since you left his company early that morning, in fact no one had seen him all day. it was common for him to over work himself, especially on days that were wet like this, his usual response being:

if i'm not working somehow i feel useless. 

but even when he insisted on working until 3am people still saw him at least once either making tea in the kitchen, doing rounds, calling lights out, sitting in the mess hall at dinner or even  just him wandering the halls. he had been skittish while getting ready too, constantly looking out the window or constant glances at you as if he was checking you were still there. you had startled  him a few times that morning too with a few 'sudden' movements. you thought it would be best not to question him. 

-

you finally made up your mind that you were going to check on him, if he wanted to be left alone or not, it had only been a day but you missed his presence around you and his little pop-in into your office to see if you wanted anything.

dying torches on the walls lit your path to Levi's office in the distant parts of the building with few rooms around it. the torches outside were always forgotten about by the people who were meant to re-light the torches throughout the day because they forget that there is in fact a room in use down there.

there was no sounds in the corridor except the sound of the heavy rain hitting the thick windows. the narrow hall had a surprisingly comforting warmth. the heat made it feel like people once occupied this space instead of it being mostly abandoned like it was now. 
the wood on door to levi's office was chipped and scratched with a worn door handle and lock to match. there was a faint light from beneath the door but no shadows to reveal a presence. you let out a small sigh and opened the damaged door without a knock.

the desk centred near the back wall with two windows on either side of the chair that had been pulled out and put to the side. the chair wore levi's: jacket, cravat and ODM straps. a single bookshelf on either side of the room perfectly symmetrical to each other. a small couch against the right wall next to the bookshelf with a smaller coffee table in front. the table had a single, empty, tea cup on top. the candle on levi's desk was beginning to wither. you fully entered the room, closing the door behind you. his office was a lot colder than the corridor. you were convinced he was in this room because no one had seen him all day, although he could be in the stables but that was unlikely considering his jacket and harness was here.

"Levi?" you called softly.   you heard a faint knock of wood and a tiny bit of shuffling. he's under the desk.

"Levi, what are you doing?" you asked trying not to startle him while walking behind his desk and crouching. you took the dying candle off the table and brought it to the floor with you too see under the desk. Levi was curled in a ball leaning in the corner of the tiny bit of space beneath the work station. his head was hidden in his knees, unable too see his face. he was clearly shaking. his hair was dishevelled and his rolled-up sleeves showed his arm that had been scratched up. 

"Levi." you got a sniffle in response, "Levi, darling, come out from under the desk and tell me what's wrong," he shook his head. you placed a hand on the back of his head, stroking it to calm him down. he sniffed again and slightly lifted his head, but not enough to look at his face. you moved from your uncomfortable crouch to sit on the floor.

"Levi, please tell me what's the matter." he shook his head no again.  you sighed. 

"ok then. you don't have to tell me what's wrong. but can we please go back to our room because it's cold as shit in here?"  he sniffed once more and nodded a yes. he lifted his head as much as he could under the desk. his eyes were blood-shot and puffy his nose and cheeks had a shade of red over them. he'd obviously been crying, but for how long? you held out your hand to help him stand which he took in a light grip. he was almost to his feet when a clap of thunder echoed through the sky. levi yelped like a dog that had just been stood on and tucked himself under the desk in a ball again. 

"the thunder isn't going to hurt you. come on," you said reassuringly, crouching and holing out your hand again

"no. but it made isabel and farlan die." levi said back. now it makes sense. he told you awhile ago about how is friends had died on their fist expedition outside the walls and how a weather similar to this clouded the field making it impossible for him to see where he was going; he came across isabels head on the ground and farlan half eaten. he completely lost it and killed the titan making it suffer like his only friends did.

"there's no titans outside. lets go back to our room." you suggested hand still open to welcome his. levi rubbed his eyes and took your larger hand. you helped him from under the table without an interruption from any thunder. levi's eye lids looked heavy, he blinked a lot as if trying to keep himself awake but also struggling to stand. your taller height came in handy when levi was like this. you picked him up, he wrapped his legs around your waist, his arms around your neck and his head instantly hit your shoulder. you wrapped one of your arms around his waist to keep him against you and your other arm under his butt for extra support. 

the walk back to the room was quiet except for your boots hitting the floor and the occasional grumble from a definitely sleeping levi. 
you placed h'm in the bed and it was almost like he deflated into it facing the wall. you removed your boots and clothes and put on your pyjamas. you slid into bed behind levi and hugged him from behind, he let out a grumble in response but shuffled closer to you. you kissed the top of his head and quickly fell asleep holding him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OMFG AHA I WROTE SOMETHING FOR ONCE

ik this could be better but this idea had been bugging me all day so i had to do it  

ok bye, i'll try to not disappear for a month again

:)