𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 1-𝕾𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖔𝖓𝖊'𝖘 𝖜𝖆𝖙𝖈𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌

Have you ever gotten the feeling that you were being watched?

If you haven't, lucky you because it is the WORST feeling in the entire world.

You may be wondering: Why do you think you're being watched? Who is watching you?

     I started to have the feeling that I was being watched after I left the forest three months ago. I can't remember how I got out of the forest, but I can remember that I ran for my life after that creature spotted me. Well, I don't know what it was. It stood upright like a human but had a black mist surrounding it like a shield. I never saw their face, just a dark abyss where it was supposed to be. I was terrified but very intrigued. Was I in the presence of death? Were the rumors true?  Nobody in town can tell me what exactly is in the middle, they can only rely on rumors from their ancestors. Sighing I returned to washing the dishes. I dry each one and put them in their respective cabinets as Angelyna walks in.

"Dada where Mama at?" she says as she tugs on my pant leg. I smile softly at her. "Mama went to work, but she'll be right back." I respond and place her onto the counter. As she babbles on about cartoons, I hear the front door open and close. The soft clicks of heels against the wooden floorboards get louder as a presence is made known. Angela walks in with bags in one hand and our son in the other. "Babe you could've asked me to come outside and get him." I said worriedly. "I'm more than capable of getting him myself αγάπη μου." she says rolling her eyes while smiling.  As I was about to respond, the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and goosebumps climbed up my spine.  I whip around quickly and spot a dark figure dart behind the trees. 

Who the hell was that?

     I continue to stare to try and find some kind of movement in the forest. Nothing. As soon as I turn around, I know they'll be watching again, but honestly, I could care less at this point. "Mama, Dada, who is dat outside?" Angelyna says from the back door. I freeze. I quickly look outside of the window as someone darts behind the bushes in our backyard. Chills crept up my spine for the fifth time today. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Angela open the door and go outside. "Angela what are you doing!" I say slightly freaking out. "It's fine αγάπη μον." she yells from outside. I rush over and go to the back door.  Angela checks behind the bushes, behind the trees, behind the pool slide, and behind the rock wall before coming back to the house.  " You didn't see anything?" I ask confusedly.  She looks back before turning to me, "Was I supposed to?  I only checked because Angelyna said that she saw someone.  You tryna' tell me that you saw em' too?" she says arching her brow. "Uhhh....no? Anyways did you have a fun outing today?" I say trying to change the subject. She raises her eyebrow and looks me up and down. "I'm pretty sure you have something to do with whatever you two are seeing, but we had a wonderful time." She says reading me like a book.

     Sighing, I walk over to the mudroom and put on my sneakers. I mean I could walk in my sneakers, but wet socks are the worst feeling in the world. "I'm going on a walk!" I shout in the direction of the kitchen. I immediately regret my decision as I hear screeching children yelling goodbye. Grimacing I step outside and start my walk. I greet the neighbors, pay respect to the dead, pet the stray animals, and buy some healing crystals as I make my way to the forest.  Unfortunately, my walk did not start like any other day.  It hasn't been the same in three months.  Why hasn't it been the same?  Probably because of the fucking stalker I have lurking behind me, and behind the trees.  Every single time I go near the edge of where the dark side meets the normal part of the forest, I feel compelled to go in the dark side.  I quickly whip around and scan the trees.  I notice other people looking around as well.  Can they feel that negative energy?  I turn back around and stop in my tracks.  "Oh no." I whisper as I look into the darkness. I didn't realize I was still walking. Immediately I try and retrace my steps.

SNAP

     I stop as I hear a branch break behind me. It could be an animal, don't freak out. I stand still for a couple of seconds listening to my surroundings. Hearing nothing out of the ordinary, I continue to try and make my way out of the forest. I hear another snap right beside me and start to run. I hate running with my entire being, and I get tired too easily. Right now I feel like my lungs are going to collapse, and my legs are going to give out any second now. Is this the end? I gasp for breath as I lean on a tree for support. I only ran for five minutes and I can already tell that I'm very out of shape. When I finally catch my breath, I keep walking aimlessly. Every three seconds I check behind my shoulders as well as my surroundings. 

 Then they started. 

     The whispers are faint but they come from every direction. Looking down I see a huge oak log. Deja vu washed over me as I try and step over it. Feeling nothing I pull my foot back. I start to feel something cold and sticky wrap around my ankle. "Σκατά!" I curse and try and yank free from the iron grip. It starts to pull on my leg with force as I lose my balance. I grimace as my back smacks against the muddy grass. Before I can recover from the fall, the thing yanks me over the log. I gasp as my back rubs against the stones and oak branches littered across the hill. My body slams against the forest floor harshly as it lets go of my ankle. Groaning I slowly lift my body off of the ground and look around. I walk forward slowly just in case someone or something is still around.  Peeking around the dark oak and through the darkness, I see the clearing.  Standing in the middle of the clearing is no other than the root of my problems.  I look behind me and carefully take in my surroundings.  Sighing in relief, I turn back to face the dark figure.  It seems to be talking to some human-like creature.  About 5 feet tall the creature has black slimy hands that seem to be moving frantically while talking with the other figure.

"Ow!" I yelp as a sharp pain travels up my spine.  I grit my teeth and hold my back in agony as the pain gets worse.  A couple of seconds later the pain leaves and I look back towards the clearing.  I freeze as the two creatures are turned in my direction unmoving.  My heart beats out of my chest when the shorter one cocks their head and smiles creepily at me.  They shake their head and sigh. "Thought you would've been gone by now. You're a very curious person y'know." they slur out in a light raspy voice. "Are you the one that's been stalking me?" I ask nervously as I briefly glance at the taller figure. "Ah, I wouldn't call it stalking but more so observing.  Anyways allow me to introduce myself." the figure starts as they lower their hood. "My name is Alexei, the male version of Alexis, and I am your new boss." he says excitedly. I look at him up and down in confusion.  

Who is Alexis?  Is he crazy?  Is this real?  I don't even have a job, yet I already have a boss?  

"I don't think I heard you correctly, you're my new boss?  Who is Alexis?"  I say scrunching my face.  Alexei smiles even harder and claps his hands together, "Alexis is my dear twin sister.  Sadly she has been neglecting her job to travel with her husband, so I have chosen you as prey to work for me."  I glance at the tall figure from the corner of my eye.  They stare at me for a while before turning away.  "I don't have a choice do I?" I ask quietly as I turn back towards Alexei.  "Nope!" he says putting emphasis on the p.  "Wait, what work do I have to do?"  I ask curiously.  "I'm so glad you asked!  You'll work with me to do various tasks for the Grim Reaper."  Alexei says while holding his hands out towards the tall figure.  Even though I don't have a choice, I hope the tasks aren't too bad.

Wait a second...

THE GRIM REAPER?!

A/N--Sorry for any errors~