chapter 6- back to work

You arrive at your apartment after dropping of Bucky. You place one hand on your forehead and the other and your hip and let out a sigh.

"someone's happy" Audrey says handing you a cup coffe

You take the coffee off her give a distained look "don't get me started"

"oh i will get you started" she laughs "I need to know every detail of your life because mine is so boring"

you look at her sheepish look "well that's too bad because my life is just as boring"

"oh really' she looks at you smugly" then where did you stay last night?'

"Bucky's" you quickly take a sip of your coffee so you can't answer Audreys heard of question. You start walking towards your bedroom.

She grabs your arm to stop you "Girl if you don't tell me what happened right now"

"Fine" you sigh "we slept together. Twice."

"Miss why are sighing that man is hot"

"Well I thought we were dating, well something at the least, but he thought other wise" you give a fake smile

"Y/n..."

You change the subject "I'm just going to have a shower and then I start back at work today"

Audrey see's what your doing and plays along with it "work at the bank sure must be tough"

You laugh "yeah. I'm working away though" you lie "need a pretty face for work conferences I guess"

"Awe" she walks over and hugs you "I'm going to miss you, but I'm off to work"

"Bye, miss you already"

"Yeah-yeah" she says sarcastically as she leaves.

You let out a large sigh as she's gone and you start getting ready. You take off your clothes and get in the shower. You wash your hair as you think about the past 24 hours. You were so upset about Bucky not calling you his girlfriend but you had kissed three guys in one day, you clearly weren't in a good state of mind. I mean you and Billy had just broke up, then you had a date with Howard and it was fun and that kiss was amazing, but Bucky. When Bucky even looked at you sparks flew through your body, did you love him? You really didn't know the answer. How are you supposed to know what love feels like if you've never felt it before? I mean you love your parents and Steve, but that was different type of love. And you love Audrey but in friend way. So were you in love with Bucky? Well it didn't matter he clearly had no feelings for you like that, just like every other man the only feelings he has is in his pants. Or so you thought...

You get out of the shower and get ready. You walk over to a corner of your bedroom and lift up a loose floor board. You pick out a gun and load it. See you didn't technically work at a bank. But that's what Audrey had to know.

You leave the house and head to work.

"Gentle men i'm agent rogers" All the soldiers start laughing to each other. "Something funny"

"This is a joke right?" One of the guys says

"Come forward solider" you point at him

He walks over to you and smirks "ooo, are we going to wrestle" he laughs and turns back to the other guys for validation "I've got a few moves I know you'll like"

Steve was standing there and you didn't even realise "I swear to god"

As you land a punch on the mans face you see him and his stupid little face "Steve?" You say as the man is falling to ground "what the hell"

"Hi" he says looking scared

"Agent Rogers" Chester Phillips walks over to you. Chester is colonel of this camp "I'll take these guys of your hands, if that's okay"

You give Steve a glare "yes, that's perfect" if you couldn't shout at Steve that's fine Phillips corse is the next best thing. The soldiers do the training and Steve is obviously behind, until it came to the last circuit. Get the flag from the top of the pole. Whoever got it was rewarded a ride back with you to the dorms. All the men piled on top of each other put no succeded so they started to walk back. But Steve went up unscrewed the pole and got the flag. You rolled your eyes and laugh. He'd never been the brightest person, if you were being honest, but he'd always had his wits about him, he got that from your mum. You was always jealous how much he was like mum, you always dreamed you could be like her, but I guess Steve took all the hood genes when he was born. At least he saved you the looks. He walks over to you and gets in the car.

"Hey sis" he smirks at you

"You. Me. Dorms, NOW!" He gives you a frightened look and you drive back to the dorms. You walk into the dorms and Steve sits on the end of his bed uncomfortable obviously knowing the conversation about to come. Your pacing up and down the room. "Bucky did tell me you'd find away!"

"I can't let him have all the fun can i" he scardley laughs trying to calm you with humour.

It actually works and you laugh. Deep down you knew he'd be okay. "I miss him Steve" it hurt so much because you knew he didn't miss you.

"Me too but it's Bucky he'll get through it" he gives you a reassuring smile.

"I know you and that's the problem" you stare at him angrily "but will you be able to get through this serum" he looks at you confused as to how you know this "yeah I found out now come on what's the answer and it better be a good one" you raise your eyebrow at him.

"How did-"

"I know everything Steve" you give him a warm smile "I know you will do it no matter what I say and i don't want you being alone"

"Howard will be there" he says playfully

You awkwardly laugh "yeah aha. Right I'm going to go see you at the injection then I guess"