Chapter 6: A New Shay and Chase Atop New York

For the next few days, all was peaceful at the Finnegans home. Shay and Hope awoken to the sight of each other in the bed was a slightly awkward situation that left them speechless and blushing, much to Barry and Cassidy's amusement. But they managed to overcome the embarrassment and awkwardness. Over the several days, the pair grew rather close together while helping around the house as Hope got better. But around noon one sunny day while relaxing in the living room, a loud explosive sound broke the peaceful silence. "What the blazes is that?!" Barry exclaimed. Shay stood up and looked outside to see another gang member from the group before throwing something at the house. Growling at this, Shay looked back to them with his answer. "One those troublemaking gangsters from last time, most likely trying something to get attention." Shay said. Barry grunted at this answer. "And here I thought they've learned their lesson about coming here." "Seems this time I need to send a direct answer to them." Shay said about to head out the door, but Hope stopped him. "Shay you don't mean you're going to go out and pick a fight looking like that and not even dressed properly to say the least?" Hope asked him with a slight scolding in her tone. "Well, he isn't gonna leave this house alone if we don't give him an immediate lesson Hope, and..." Looking down at himself, he began to have second thoughts going out in his scruffy looking state and only a simple night shirt and night pants. With this realization he fell silent. Hope had to fight the urges to laugh at this expense, but also knew he was right. Knowing that the gangster won't leave them alone and may keep setting off firecrackers at the Finnegan's home. "Wait here, I have something that might help." Cassidy said out the blue and raced upstairs, but also gave Barry a look to which he nodded to her in response and left the room as well. Shay and Hope looked at each other confused to what's going on. Before either one could ask each other, Cassidy returned holding what appeared to be a folded bundle of clothes. "Hope's right, it won't do you good running around starkers." She said before handing him the clothes. "Here, try these on....They were our son's." Shay's eyes widened at this information, having the feeling her son had passed away some time ago. "Cassidy are you certain? This is far too much to have his clothes..." Shay began to say, but Cassidy cut him off. "It's perfectly alright Shay. After what you and Hope have done for us, it's only fair you deserve something. And he would want us to pass this on to someone we trust." Cassidy said with a smile. Shay could only nod his head silently, not wanting to deny her this kind act and request. Hope only watched, wondering about the Finnegan's late son and his fate and taken back at Cassidy's act. Soon, Barry returned with what appeared to be Shay's weapons and equipment wrapped in a blanket, including his sword and dagger, pistols, hidden blades, and silent rifle to name a few. "Well, I suppose if you're about to go looking for trouble, you'll be needing these." Barry said, giving them to Shay. "Thank you." Shay said with a grateful smile, truly amazed by their kindness. He then went upstairs to get changed.

After what seems like a while, with Hope and the Finnegans still in the living room waiting and ignoring the sound of firecrackers, they heard footsteps

After what seems like a while, with Hope and the Finnegans still in the living room waiting and ignoring the sound of firecrackers, they heard footsteps. Their eyes turning towards the steps, and what came in view, almost seemed like a whole new man. There stood Shay, in a tan shirt, black pants and shoes, and a black high-collared overcoat with red trims on the shoulder parts. Along with his new outfit, Shay sported a clean-shaven face with his hair styled slicked towards the back and held in a small pony tail with a red hair tie.